New member in Australia

Hello, I've recently bought an unfinished GT40 project and thought I should introduce myself as I'll no doubt be asking a lot of questions over the next couple of years.
It's a Roaring Forties kit and it came with a reconditioned 5.0 Windsor and 01E transaxle with wavetrack lsd.
I have most of the parts already, but I'll be stripping it back to a bare chassis for powdercoating as someone has painted the chassis red.
I need wheels (BRM), exhaust and a complete OEM AUII Falcon intake system with ecu for starters (if anyone has anything like this they want to sell, please let me know.
After it's engineered and registered, I'll look at 8 stack injection. The kit came with an Autronic ecu and loom.
Thanks for your time and shared knowledge.

Attachments

• received_714157436411755.jpeg
    received_714157436411755.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 154

Neil

Supporter
Hello, I've recently bought an unfinished GT40 project and thought I should introduce myself as I'll no doubt be asking a lot of questions over the next couple of years.
It's a Roaring Forties kit and it came with a reconditioned 5.0 Windsor and 01E transaxle with wavetrack lsd.
I have most of the parts already, but I'll be stripping it back to a bare chassis for powdercoating as someone has painted the chassis red.
I need wheels (BRM), exhaust and a complete OEM AUII Falcon intake system with ecu for starters (if anyone has anything like this they want to sell, please let me know.
After it's engineered and registered, I'll look at 8 stack injection. The kit came with an Autronic ecu and loom.
Thanks for your time and shared knowledge.
If you are stripping the chassis to re- finish it, you might consider using Steel-It instead of powder coating. They only make it in two colors- black and silver gray- no red. :) It is a very hard, durable coating and it is weldable. https://wildpowersports.com

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Liam. There are quite a few guys on here from down under. Hopefully they will chime in and can help you with parts.

Regards Brian

If you are stripping the chassis to re- finish it, you might consider using Steel-It instead of powder coating. They only make it in two colors- black and silver gray- no red. :) It is a very hard, durable coating and it is weldable. https://wildpowersports.com
Thanks Neil. I wasn't aware of that one. Being able to weld it and touch it up certainly leaves the door open should I need to modify anything later on.

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40s.com, Liam! Looks like quite a project! Please feel free to create a log in the Build Logs forum so you can share your progress!

exhaust and a complete OEM AUII Falcon intake system with ecu for starters (if anyone has anything like this they want to sell, please let me know.
Facebook market place in your local area will probably turn up something local. I did see someone on the cobra group also asking for one the other day "to hire" so sounded like something needed for emissions testing. I'm sure there will be one around somewhere.

I am NZ based but I will be removing all the loom/ECU intake etc from my AUii tickford 5.0W as I will be using the quad IDF I have from a 289 that I also have.

Back