In (hopefully) mid Oktober I will get my slightly modified CAV GT40. In the moment it gets assembled here in Germany.

It has a 427 cui small block and a 5 speed ZFQ gearbox.

The setup is for having fun on the track, so I have reinforcements here and there (clutch, drive shaft, etc.).

And some aerodynamic improvements, I am looking forward to discuss here in the forum.

What is getting installed in the moment are rear diffusers and a complete closed underbody. For the diffuser, the rear hood attachement had to be changed, that it does not get in the way of the airflow.

Next week we work on a way to mount a front splitter an I take the form for winglets at the nose.

Thats all for now, I will get more into detail the next days and post some pictures.

Cheers, Joerg

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40's Joerg.... Looking to read more about your project!

JK, A hearty welcome! As a CAV owner myself I will be very interested in your project as well. Post many pics of all you do to your car as it will be very interesting to see how the car perfroms with the modifications made. Enjoy this forum. You've really hightened my interest.

Ron Earp

Admin
Guys, if you want to continue to say hello then this is the subforum to do it in. If you want to talk other matters then start new posts in the technical subforums.

Back