New owner needing some help?

Hi people.Apologies if this mail should be posted elsewhere, but as my issues are GTD specific I thought this the logical place to start?. I'm really enjoying my recent purchase but have a couple of things I'd like to better and an identification issue as follows.
1. The radiator is showing it's age (built 1990) with the start of some small leaks. Any advice where to find a replacement?
2. The headlights which I assume standard to the kit are poor. Any advise on where/what to source for better illumination?
3. For the life of me I can't figure how to release the front indicator lense to replace the bulb. It appears sealed, no retaining screws and no way in from behind. I am happy to feel daft ( as usual) if only somebody can tell me the secret.
4. One of the wheels is missing a dummy spinner, picture attached. There is no makers mark on the rim. The spinner is attached by micro allen screws which grip the centre hub lip. Does anybody know the maker and whether I might find a repacement.
Anyway, so happy to find this site exists and judging by its participants, supported by some great enthusiasts :) Thanks, Keith,

Attachments

• fb_1.jpg
    fb_1.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 479
Hi Keith,

1. You can get an aluminium GTD radiator from Dockings radiators, contact Mel Johnson 01327 857164. It will be a straight swap & save you some weight IIRC they are around £400.

2. the headlights are pretty poor on my GTD aswell, I think the perspex covers somewhow diffuse the light, I don't know if anyone has tried a HID conversion kit in a GTD, but might be worth investigating.

3. to release the indicator bulb, first remove the chrome ring from around the lense, & then the lense will pull out of the rubber.

4. you can get the dummy spinners from Image Wheels 0121 522 2442 Unit 3, Fountain lane Tipton, West Midlands DY4 9HA

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Julian/Martin - thanks both.
Julian, I'll pursue the contacts provided and have a go at that trim ring :)
Martin - rather than waste any of your time I'll progress Julians suggestions. I sense all you guys know the right places to get things sorted - no doubt I'll be back for more wisdom then shortly!!
Thanks once more.
Keith

Keith,
You would do a lot worse than to join the GT40 Enthusiasts Club. The points you raised are addressed regularly and there are up to 3 different monthly area groups within reach of London where you can discuss problems and look at solutions on members' cars during summer months.:zzz:
Specifically,
1. My GTD radiator let go in a big way the day after getting back from a 1,000 mile French tour last September. As Julian mentions, Mel Johnson built a radiator on a phone call for £346.63 inc VAT and Brian Magee made a beautiful job of fitting it, including a dynamic bleed from the bleed valve back to the header tank. This cleared trapped air problems that all mid-engined cars seem to suffer from.
2. The perspex covers do scatter a lot of light. You can partly get round this by fitting high output bulbs; they may need a p45t to p43t adapter, but we know where to find these.

Back