New Pirelli Tyre

Whilst searching for a set of the elusive 345/35/15 tyres over here (apt no one has any for sale and no date has been given by Pirelli when they will make another batch, I also hear that they are stopping making the rears for Diablos, how long will Pirelli remain Lambo`s tyre of choice?????)) I came across this tyre, a Pirelli P7 305/35/15, seems like a handy tyre P7 CORSA Classic, Motorsport tyres - PIRELLI INTERNATIONAL#
So I have a quandry, wait for a set of 345/35/15 from Pirelli, or plump for a set of Mich TB`s or even go for an Avon CR or see what these P7`s are like (I suspect they will be soft`ish much like the TB`s?)
Widths I have rim wise are 12" at the rear and 8" at the front, tyres need to be road legal and have a decent speed rating (higher the better!) and be available...............!

Dear CHris

check this out

Sommer-Reifen 345/35 ZR 15 95 Y PIRELLI PZERO SYSTEM ASIMM | eBay

also this guys still have 4 of them ( i called them), but you need to be quick to order
reifen.com - Markenreifen, Kompletträder und Felgen supergünstig | Reifen

Reifen Schlag:

Reifen

He does not have the pirelli either but stocks the michelin TB
Michelin Classic
he recommands the 335/35/15 TB5 in R compound for the rear and the 225/50/15 TB5 in F compound for the front. COst of rear is 435€ plus tax.

THanks
TOM

Dear CHris

check this out

Sommer-Reifen 345/35 ZR 15 95 Y PIRELLI PZERO SYSTEM ASIMM | eBay

also this guys still have 4 of them ( i called them), but you need to be quick to order
reifen.com - Markenreifen, Kompletträder und Felgen supergünstig | Reifen

Reifen Schlag:

Reifen

He does not have the pirelli either but stocks the michelin TB
Michelin Classic
he recommands the 335/35/15 TB5 in R compound for the rear and the 225/50/15 TB5 in F compound for the front. COst of rear is 435€ plus tax.

THanks
TOM

Thanks for your help Tom, I have opted for the Michelins as above, so will see how we get on with them (mind still got to finish the thing first!)
regards Chris

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
From what I heard from people I know that race and reviews/ratings/tests, the Michelins grip better than the Pirelli tyres and have less road noise. They also cost near half the price for a better tyre, thats the part I don't understand.

George

please show me where you can buy those Michelins we are talking about for half of the price of those pirellis we are talking. I would buy them immediately.

TOM

George

CURRENTLY BANNED
Heh, not exactly half, and especially not in that size. I meant more in general, like 17" sizes, Michelins cost 220, Pirelli cost 505 for the exact same size.

The last I looked the TB you can get around $500, the Pirelli 345s are $710.

I will definatelly check though.

Edit: I found the error.
http://www.longstonetyres.co.uk/page/michelin-tb15

300£. Ops.

Last edited:
I don't know if anybody has tried coker tire for michlelin tb15 or not, but they do list many sizes in the book. Price seems to be in the $500 range for those big rears in 345/35/15. Hope that might help someone. Brian

Back