New Shelby GT40's

I would agree that all continuations are replicas and with modern enhancements are probably better than the originals. My only argument is that the manufacturers are claiming that their cars somehow contain some of the DNA of the originals, whereas they are just replicas plain and simple IMO. I understand that ERAs follow the construction of the originals very closely and are the equal of some continuation cars in this respect. Are they lesser replicas than continuation cars because they haven't paid Safir to have a continuation number?

Chris

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
I would agree that all continuations are replicas and with modern enhancements are probably better than the originals. My only argument is that the manufacturers are claiming that their cars somehow contain some of the DNA of the originals, whereas they are just replicas plain and simple IMO. I understand that ERAs follow the construction of the originals very closely and are the equal of some continuation cars in this respect. Are they lesser replicas than continuation cars because they haven't paid Safir to have a continuation number?

Chris

Totally agree Chris, the whole thing is a cynical marketing ploy to extract $ from the unwary or ill informed.

My only argument is that the manufacturers are claiming that their cars somehow contain some of the DNA of the originals,

How is the claim being made?

I understand that ERAs follow the construction of the originals very closely and are the equal of some continuation cars in this respect. Are they lesser replicas than continuation cars because they haven't paid Safir to have a continuation number?

Who claimed they were?

Respectfully,
Mike

Totally agree Chris, the whole thing is a cynical marketing ploy to extract $ from the unwary or ill informed.

good thing nobody here has fallen for it...whew. I pity the poor bastard that does! To him/her a resounding "I told you so!" will be due.

Oh, wait, how will we know who that is?

Regards,
Mike

damn, 3 cobras, a Daytona coupe, a CAV gt40 Mk1 and now I have been duped by SPF on my MK11. I have been wary up until that purchase. I feel so uninformed. It looks pretty good though.
gt4011001.jpg

that it "is a cynical marketing ploy to extract $ from the unwary or ill informed."?

just who is "they" anyway?

i too find this circular discussion boring - later.

Last edited:
Back