New to American Muscle trying to buy GT-40

Hello guys my name is Alfredo Payan I live in Phoenix, AZ
And I just happened to stumble upon what im hoping is a real genuine Ford Gt40
But i do not know how to tell if its a kit car or not...if anyone has any pointers id appreciate it and id love to know id be looking at to restore a car like this if its a kit car or not and how much i can get from it.

Thanks Much in Advance,
Alfredo Payan

Hi Alfredo, welcome to gt40s.com.

You're definitely not looking at an original GT40. Which means it's either a kit car, or a car made by one of the various companies making GT40 replicas. Some are good, some are excellent, and some are downright horrid.

Perhaps if you could be kind enough to post a pic of what it is you're looking at then I'm sure the fine members of this site will be able to ID it for you if it's even remotely GT40 related.

Cheers.

Actually its just sitting kinda abandoned at a mexican mechanic shop looks like they did some body work on it?...but the dash and guages look old as hell...but ill try and post a picture or two

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 287
The mechanic guy was telling me some guy was working on it but said it was too expensive to get parts and stuff for....also amother thing he mentioned is that it has a V6 corvette motor?

To me it actually looks like a kit car but i cant get a hold of the owner to see the title...and i dont even know where to find the VIN on one of these...either way if its a kit car ill pick it up if i can make some money on it and if not much i wanna know how much a restpration like this costs so that i can keep it

Being an older guy, I remember seeing ads in the car mags back in the 60's & 70's for this type of kit car. Usually built on a modified VW belly pan. The cars I saw in person had VW drive trains in the back of the car. Not sure what the market is for this type of car is today. Suggest you look on ebay for similar type of car or run a google/bing type search on your computer. Could be a lot of work and money.

Back