No SL C Components

If you can't tell, I for one, am very disappointed that this "kit" won't be available in a basic form.:cry::sad::sad::shout:

The bottom line is this: RCR is Fran's company, and he can sell what he likes at the price he wants to set. Don't like it? Your out of luck.

Personally, I like it this way. I think the RCR product is going to be highly respected, and I am going to be proud to own one. And I think you are dead wrong if you think he is pricing himself out of the "kit" market. These cars are not about cutting corners and building on a budget. They are about as close to the best cars you can put together at any price. I could have built an SPF, which you could argue is the industry standard for finished cars. In my opinion, RCR makes a better car, and that's why I went there.

You have so many parts and skills, why not make your own car (again)?

[SIZE=-1]SYLLABICATION:[/SIZE]dip·shit [SIZE=-1]PRONUNCIATION:[/SIZE] d
ibreve.gif
p
prime.gif
sh
ibreve.gif
t
lprime.gif
[SIZE=-1]NOUN:[/SIZE] Vulgar Slang A foolish or contemptible person. [SIZE=-1]ADJECTIVE:[/SIZE] Foolish or contemptible.

Jim-As posted in another thread, or maybe even this one, I can't remember, I have built 5 cars from the ground up with nothing but a pile of body work and 20' lengths of tube to start with. I provided a link to a pic of me at the Utah ALMS race in 2006 when I was with my former employer helping out on the LMP1 Lola they raced. They are now running a Judd powered Creation. I have over twenty years in the racing industry and have a degree in mechanical engineering. I've worked as a fabricator and designer for a Trans Am team, as well as on the national and regional level of SCCA race teams. I have built three other club cars for SCCA, and worked on three different regional NASCAR teams. The last car I built and setup set a new track record that hadn't been broken in 8 years. I have built and setup cars that have won three SCCA National Championships. I myself have won two SCCA Regional Championships. I started racing go carts at age 12 and did all the work myself. I know a thing or two about high performance vehicles, and how and what it takes to build them.......but thanks for asking.

Clearly this nameless GOD of racing and high performance vehicles does not need a simple and amatuerish tinkerer such as Fran or his RCR chassis !

Ha! this man pisses speed and farts track records.

He has built record breaking race vehicles from tin cans and bailing wire.

How dare Fran not break up the components that are clearly designed to work as a system so that this living diety can build something at home from parts he has laying around his kingdom. Truly blasphemous.

Dare not anger the god of home built record breaking track monsters "crash" or he shall form an industry shaking vehicle that is unspeakably fast with perfect vehicle dynamics and costs only pennies !

Mark my words all ye non-believers!

(from a humble engineer who actually does engineer real vehicles for a living and understands that the RCR vehicles are designed to work as a complete vehicle, as it should, and that the cost of the RCR vehicles is actually shamefully reasonable)

Eric (wow! a real name!)

OK ...I will bite.

As I said previously....the SL-C is not available in component form and has never been advertised as such ....

BTW- I just found the literature you had posted that said:

"Price: 43,995

Bare bones package available, Contact us."

It's on a document I printed 6/16/08 from

Race Car Replicas - 586-329-1573 - Superlite cars

That's http:---//www.superlitecars.com/---coupe_spec.---html without the ----.

Guess that's pretty much why I thought it was available in something less than a complete package.:shrug: Go figure. I'll stop:dead:now.

Crash, let it go already.
From the Home Page of the superlitecars web site "The Superlite® Coupe(SL-C) is a rolling kit designed and engineered..."
and from the Spec Sheet "Kit is supplied as a roller for shipping purposes..."
How can it roll if it's without the stuff to hold it up.

Back