Number lights additional info

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
Lynn has done a great job with his thread on installing NOS number lights for the doors and deck. A further bit of information: The NOS Ford light C6AZ 13564 B WAS used on Falcons, i.e. the wagons. In fact, the part was used on ALL full size Ford station wagons 1966 to 1970 and the same years of Fairlane and Falcon wagons (as well as the Mercury versions) so the obvious place to look for these used, is on those models. The 1966 to 1970 Rancheros were also home to these lights. Note that the later D1AZ type light would NOT have been used originally on a GT40 as that part was not released until 1970 for the 1971 models, but it is very close in style and does work well.

Lynn is doing a super job with his technical articles and gives full and well documented information, keep at it!

Thanks for the info (and kudos) Rick. I will incorporate your text into my "How To". I will say that this info (re: Falcon wagons) does not jibe with my research but I'm certainly not an expert on this so I will acquiesce that you may be correct. If so this certainly adds to the probability one could find these light assemblies. Thanks

Back