off topic, but i cant find answers anywhere else

does anyone happen to know which company/companies makes the GT350 replica, or atleast a company that makes a mustang fastback replica??? ive gone through search engines and kitcar.com and i cant find the company, its killing me that i cant it to, since the fastback is my favorite "obtainable" car in the world(yes i am aware of how childish that sounds when said out loud)

A recent issue of Kit Car Illustrated had
an atricle on a GT350 replica. It might
be the issue currently on the stand or the
issue before.

Ian

The firat question is do you want a 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, or 70, street car or R model. They are all a little different. It is easiest to do a 65 or 66. It is also easiest to start with a fastback. Trying to retro a coupe will drive you insane. Please answer the above questions and I will help as much as I can.

The firat question is do you want a 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, or 70, street car or R model. They are all a little different. It is easiest to do a 65 or 66. It is also easiest to start with a fastback. Trying to retro a coupe will drive you insane. Please answer the above questions and I will help as much as I can.

well heres the thing, if i could get my hands on a fastback, i wouldnt be in this predicament....even if it was a totally junked out fastback

kitcar illistrated huh?? man thats a tall order around here, heck its tough for me to even get an RC related magazine....but i guess ill check the stores.

so is the one in kitcar a rehash of a beatup old fastback or is it an actual fastback that needs donor parts(like the cobra)

the years im inerested is 66-69....i ave a chance at a 70 for 4500(351 4speed, race ready) but i like the 60s fastbacks better, so im putting it on hold....luckly around here fastbacks arent oooh'd and awww'd like they should be...somehow coupes are more popular(i dont get most of my town)
grin.gif

ok thanx, guess ill have to wait for their website to get up and running....too bad they dont have an email listed on the site

480?? man thats alota long distance can u just answer my Qs through this board???

all i really need to know is, pretty much all the basics, what do u need, who makes the body parts for it and does t matter what year of mustang chassis i use ...i know a guy who claims he could get me a fastback rolling chassis, but it migh be cheaper to ge a hold of a rolling chassis coupe and turn it into a fastback(i feel better about ripping the gutz out of a replica, then a real thing)

G

The article mentions IPS did the suspension, if IPS (Corey Shaw) is in any way affiliated with the Chassis Shop, forget you ever heard the name. IPS cheated many a late model Mustang owner out of their money for suspensions that either never showed up, were incomplete, didn't work, or took years to get.

I think Unlimited Products offers a '68 style fastback tub http://www.up22.com/mustang67.htm , but it isn't made to accept glass windows etc and is meant for race only.

But as Gordon pointed out, it would be easier to start out with an original shell.

if i had an original fastback rolling chassis, there'd be no problems, it isnt the GT350 name im lookin for, its the fastback design

If you are looking for just a body. U.S body source has complete fiberglass Mustang fastback bodies. They were designed to go on a tube chassis but you might be able to get one to work on a stock chassis. The website is www.usbody.com

greg- why forget the name?? if the kit came without suspension, id just switch it out for the stock suspension on an old beat up coupe

G

Gordon got it right, it was USBody I was thinking of.
Andrew, following the links on the TheChassisShop web site shows an IPS suspension on a late model Mustang, makes me think they may have a connection to IPS.

Anyway any connection to IPS doesn't help, so research who is behind TheChassisShop before sending any money.

Good Luck.

Andrewtheman,

If you are looking to make a shelby GT350 or GT500 clone you need to do the following. Get a mustang fastback for the year you are trying to clone and replace the Steal with fiberglass. The best source for this that I have found is
Tony D. Branda Performance . They also have all the rest to complete you project. I hope this helps.

no offense to any of you, to how muh you all have helped me, but maybe it just isnt clicking. if i had a junker fastback to start with, i wouldnt be asking the question. its just easier to find info on getting a replica GT350 or GT500 then it is to find info on just a fastback replica

you know how hard it is to get ahold of a fastback rolling chassis?

or find a fastback in a wreckng yard??? its like searching for a needle in 2 tons of hay

Back