OK - what are these?

Hi

I have been told that the parts in the foreground could be from an original. If so, what are they?

gt40bits.jpg

If not, then does anyone recognise where else they might come from?

Excuse the ignorance but I don't have a parts manual.

Cheers.

Lynn Larsen

Lynn Larsen
I'll guess that they might be door handles (exterior). That is about the only thing that I can think of that looks close to the shape shown.

Regards,
Lynn

I think those are side clasps for the front and rear clips on the original GT's.

Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 55419-Sidecliponoriginal.jpg
    55419-Sidecliponoriginal.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 277
[ QUOTE ]
I think those are bottle openers supplied with the Mk III /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ide have to agree with u on that one.

Rob,
If the`re 30 foot long and float the`re for putting in the sea and watching surfers shit themselves /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Hi Rob,

Been busy lately, have only now spotted your post.

Hersh is right, they are castings for the over-centre catches (side clasps) but Robbie doesn't think they're 100% original, but could be.

Never mind a surf board, they'll make brilliant coat hooks -'Hey come and have a look at my genuine GT40 coat hook.'
How's that for one upmanship?

In a larger size it would make an ideal sand paper grip. The ergonomics are about right!

Robbie cut his hand last night in his workshop at home and cut an artery. Blood everywhere, off to the nearby clinic for stitches. He's now a cut above the rest!

Greetings,
Andre 40

Back