One for Fran

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
I was listening to that show on NPR just in the last week or so...

Good job! :thumbsup:

Jim Rosenthal

Supporter
Yeah, the usual Marketplace Sound Bite. Thirty seconds of nothing. I listen to NPR all the time and I like them, more or less, but they have the worst automotive journalism on the planet. It's as if it's beneath them. Incidentally, NPR don't call "Car Talk" an advice or help show- they call it a comedy show. It's probably the only way they can face themselves and stand the thought that they have the most popular auto show on radio. They all drive Priuses, I suspect.

I thought about calling Tom and Ray and saying "Hi, I'm Jim, and I'm calling from Annapolis, MD, and I have a problem with the Weber carbs on my GT40- no power below 300 revs, poor synch, backfires... I've tried different idle and main jets and air correctors, no help... I'm running a Comp cam with 110 degree lobe separation and MSD 6AL ignition, 180 degree crossover headers.....
"..hello, hello........is anyone there?"
"..they must have hung up on me......"

Yeah, the usual Marketplace Sound Bite. Thirty seconds of nothing. I listen to NPR all the time and I like them, more or less, but they have the worst automotive journalism on the planet. It's as if it's beneath them. Incidentally, NPR don't call "Car Talk" an advice or help show- they call it a comedy show. It's probably the only way they can face themselves and stand the thought that they have the most popular auto show on radio. They all drive Priuses, I suspect.

I thought about calling Tom and Ray and saying "Hi, I'm Jim, and I'm calling from Annapolis, MD, and I have a problem with the Weber carbs on my GT40- no power below 300 revs, poor synch, backfires... I've tried different idle and main jets and air correctors, no help... I'm running a Comp cam with 110 degree lobe separation and MSD 6AL ignition, 180 degree crossover headers.....
"..hello, hello........is anyone there?"
"..they must have hung up on me......"

If your trying to drive a GT40 @ below '300 RPM' I think the only reply you would deserve would be 30 seconds of total silence, followed by lots of advice on how to find your nearest Prius dealer.....:)...:thumbsup:

Back