Original Specification Parts

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Alistair and I went shopping last week. Here is part of our haul.
All original.

Last edited:
JimmyMac,

As always, great pictures!!!

Just curious, on the Smith guages.....on the bottom of the face, I can read Made in th UK.....but their is something else printed after that which my eyes are having trouble seeing....whats after "UK"?

....and the heads look like they have been machined in the area where the spring pockets are located. Or is that what GT40 heads are like, no spring pockets?

Thanks again,

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Gary,
The serial number is after "UK"
The spring was set in a raised boss which was counterbored just like the HiPo head.

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
G'Day Ron,
Many thank for the PM and glad to help with 1041.

There are two types of rear latch. The photo below shows both types.
The latch on the right which is operated with a draw bar linking the two levers with a single central knob through the bulkhead.

The one on the left is my favourite and is configured the same as 1008 in that it has separate ds/ps knobs through the bulkhead, the lever has to avoids the window frame so is joggled and stiffened up a bit.
This omits the draw bar across the rear where vision is already restricted.

Last edited:

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
Peter,
Thanks for the PM.
I have deleted the photos on this thread.
Like a mandala, I created it therefor I can destroy it.

Unfortunately there are some devious people using the pictures to approach others to sell parts.
I got an email last night from somebody who needs parts. There was an attachment to the email which was from a member with photos of parts from this thread purporting to be his property for sale.
The cheaky bastard asked the guy to keep the photos confidential. And my contact then asked me to keep the same confidentiality.

So there we go, I suppose I have been a bit naive along the way but this is not the first instance where people have just taken advantage of my toil for their own gain.
You know I will help anybody, but I will draw a line at profiteers.

I am very angry about this so sorry if it upsets some decent people but maybe the lurkers will now make an honest contribution.

HILLY

Supporter
James,
I am sorry to hear that this issue has surfaced again.
I remember the discussions last time this happened as you have mentioned but I have not been able to locate the thread to refresh my memory.
As I have been searching for and acquiring these types of parts I personally would like to know who these people are so that I don't get caught along the way.
This thread and your communications have been a real help to me and I would assume many others along the way and it is disappointing that it is now gone.
Many thanks.

Last edited:
I am sorry you had to pull the pics, but I understand. I remember someone on the forum who put pics up that had like a water mark of stamping that was like a ghost image superimposed on the photo. They were in the photo, or stereo business and didn't want anyone using their photos without permission. Surely someone here on the forum knows how this is done. It would keep your photos private, publishable on the forum, and the profiteers away. Anyone wanting the true photos would have to contact you. Does anyone remember who it was. I believe it was an Australian outfit. Something makes me think it was Abby Sound or something like it.

Bill

Back