Original Specification Parts

JimmyMac,

It totally blows me away that unscruplous pieces of shit (so sorry, but I tell the way it is) will take the hard work of others, to profit in a way that is totally illegal.

Being new to this community, I really enjoyed your photos of original parts from GT40s. It is an educational part of learning GT40s, and the impact of having the opportunity to learn from your information is just priceless.

Thank you for sharing up to this point,

I agree Gary; it's a shame when people have to use other's images for financial gain, I know from first hand experience how this feels! I too enjoyed looking at the images JimmyMac supplied, a tremendous source of reference for us all to enjoy.
Has JimmyMac thought of watermarking the images to try and alleviate the threat? I'd only be too happy to supply a quick guide.

One day I will own a GT, but for now I'll enjoy this fantastic forum from the sideline.

Rick

Ron McCall

Supporter
JimmyMac,

It totally blows me away that unscruplous pieces of shit (so sorry, but I tell the way it is) will take the hard work of others, to profit in a way that is totally illegal.

Being new to this community, I really enjoyed your photos of original parts from GT40s. It is an educational part of learning GT40s, and the impact of having the opportunity to learn from your information is just priceless.

Thank you for sharing up to this point,

Well said Gary! I agree 100%!

Doc Watson

Lifetime Supporter
I understand your reasons for pulling the pictures James, you have been and still are an inspiration in sourcing and getting original parts. I hope you still continue to contribute to the forum and help guide the rest of us true believers...

Andy

Charlie M

Supporter
James,

Thank you very much for your contributions to this forum and this thread in particular. I have looked forward to every new post to this thread; it has been an education for me and many others, I'm sure.

I understand your reasons for deleting the photos. Unforunately, it is just one more example of a few thieves out there taking advantage of a situation and screwing it up for the rest of us.

Thanks again.

Charlie

Ron Earp

Admin
I'm sorry that this has happened and basically taken a very highly viewed thread and now made is essentially useless for the majority of viewers. Frankly, I don't think you should be shy about publishing this person's name and info if they are indeed peddling parts that they don't have, or using your photos to mis-represent what they do, or do not, have.

The sad thing is the person MUST be a forum member because the forum does not allow non-registered users to view photos. So, by default it is someone on the forum. Any information you wish to share will be held confidential by myself, or another administrator if you wish to contact them.

Again, sorry this has happened.

Ron

Ron,

Right is right, and wrong is wrong.

I believe if this person is a member, I suggest you PM JimmyMac, obtain the information regarding the individual, investigate the matter.........and if the results of your investigation reveals a wrong, the quiet exit of the individual from this forum would be appreciated by the majority....I am sure.

I believe it is important to all forum members to maitain scruples and be above board...all the time.

Please pursue this matter.

Thank you,

Hello James-

I second Ron's comments and the general opinion of others. It is a sad reflection of society that once again, someone is profiting at the expense of another's good nature/efforts.

Your postings were definately a highlight and I too would like to see the person(s) responsible removed from our forum community - quietly or otherwise - the forum would be a better place without them.

Best wishes...

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi Jimmymac

Sorry to hear about this underhand pig and his methods of using your photos.

My business is in electronic security and in the last 30 years I believe I have seen just about everything we so called humans do to each other if they think they can get away with it.

A very simple way to get around people using your photos is to include in the photos when you take them a personal item that you can use as a marker that everyone on the forum would be familiar with and would be identified as one of your photos.

To lose your photos off the forum would be a great pity to all of us who are either trying to identify parts or reference against the original parts and even just for those of us who would like to see parts we would otherwise never get to see.

I know it makes your angry, and I dare speak for all of us on the forum, but to just delete the photos is to give in to this pig.
I personally know people like this exist and this just makes me more determined to show these scum that they wont have the last word.

Your photos have been more of an inspiration to all of us on the forum than I think you realise and would be greatly missed.

All the best

Dimi

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter
All,
Many thanks for your support here as I had second thoughts that people would get pissed if I deleted those pictures.
I purchased a piece on eBay two weeks ago from somebody in the UK. I have bought other parts from him before. The seller is genuine and he asked me what car the part was being fitted to and maybe he could help supplying other bits.
I told him it was for a GT40 and he responded by saying that he is already searching for someone dealing with Lucas parts for GT40s and this person only dealt in GT40 parts. "He did not give us the part numbers but attached are photos of his stock" (4 pictures from this forum)
I could not get this so-called dealer's name as the seller smelled a kipper and panicked.

So it only takes one person to spoil a party.
I know who did it previously and I have a fair idea who's doing it now and I will wait for them. Remember eBay has feedback and some folk use the same nom-de-plume in most places.

In the meantime I have been editing all of my photos and will publish a new thread with shots containing copyright logos. I can't believe I'm doing this but I would also advise you all to do the same.
Maybe Ron will delete this thread for us and we can forget this sorry tale.
I will also transfer the other guys photos to the new thread.
Below is an example of the new format.

Last edited:
Hi James, When looking at photos of anything for sale on Ebay there seems to be a small logo identifier in the corner of each picture, I presume added by the E bay system. Cannot GT40s .com have a similar automatic identifier added to any picture shown to this site, at least it will show an immediate source of the picture. Lets hope we do not lose the very valuable info you and others have given us by publishing your pics. Frank

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Hi James,
IMHO the individual concerned should be 'outed' on this forum as he has no defence. It's a bit like being put in the stocks on the village green in our 'gt40 global village' for all to see and all to avoid in future dealings.
Who ever it is, just come out of the woodwork and admit your stupidity.

Keith

Frank,
I'm up for it.

I would use a professional watermarking technique Jimmy. This is your photo above and took 5 mins with PS to remove your script. (I am hosting this and will remove after you've had chance to have a look)

door20latches01.jpg

The new Photoshop edition has watermark facility built in but it's expensive. You might try this one

Batch watermark photos - Add watermarks to your images, pictures, photos

for $29 but I've not used it.

Good luck, keep posting and non illegitimus carborundum mate.....:)

Dimi Terleckyj

Lifetime Supporter
Hi David
I agree with your sentiments completely but given this individual's actions I doubt he would have the guts to openly admit and subject himself to ridicule and the anger all of us would vent towards him.

I personally couldn't express my feelings on a public forum like this but suffice to say he wouldn't want to cross my path any time soon.

Dimi

For those who do business over the net for there 40 parts buyers as well as venders do not need people like this out there spoiling.

People become very hesitant about doing transactions ,it is not good for business.

I have found your collection to be an excellent reference

Out them Jim, better to now who the dirt bag is.

Jim

I also have experienced a great deal of dishonesty during my mono project, I am amazed at the lenghts people will go to for their own gain, it never ceases to amaze me. I unfortunately have had my fingers badly burned and it is very hard to sit back and watch others get caught too but if these people were to be excluded from the Forum it may protect the genuine people.

Far be it that I am not a Rocket Scientist or an Attorney. Just a plain kind of guy. Common sense has got me down the path quite well.

Judging from the comments from other Forum members, it appears the concensus is to keep this Forum void from illegal activity.

Everyone joining this Forum has agreed to conduct themselfs in a manner not to degrade or offend other members, or to degrade the Forum in any way. Everyone knows this before they join this Forum

Therefore, in order to go forward, everyone is aware of the standing agreement and guidelines in place to be a Forum member in good standing. Lets deal with this person now, and send a message to anyone in the future that this type of activity is 100% not acceptable. Period.

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
James - it's a sort of quality thing that your photographs bring to this site and I associate myself with Keiths comments in that you have to keep publishing. Gary has it spot on that we all agree about how we conduct ourselves on the site and, by and large, IMHO it is a self policing thing so when somebody, maybe not even a member but one of the myriad of guests who visit all the time, tries a desperately low, pond life rip off
there has to be a public reckoning. He obviously has no moral fibre to own up and admit, so lets have some idea who we are dealing with ?

I doubt your'll get a "hands up, it's me and I'm sorry", although that's what a real man would do. More likely he'll just creep back under the rock he crawled out of in the first place and look for the next opportunity to take advantage of someone.
I hope your reading this thread, whoever you are. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Jim, please don't stop posting photos, but obviously protect yourself properly first.
All the best,
Martin

Back