Ouch....

Very Very interesting ,
1) Were these cars specced out differently knowing the abuse and rolls (literal and performance) they were going to go thru?
2) Did the flipped car have a drive train in it, which leads me to the question of the pushing car what drive train did it have to do that kind of pushing?
3) It would be interesting to see the after result to see how well the (roll cage) holds up to for for real racing crash data.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The cars were dropped form cranes, swung on chains , jumped , drifted, crashed
All the cars had bone stock LS3's and G96/00 transaxles..not one drivetrain broke and everything held up exceptionally well...
All the cars were built to the same spec with the exception of the automatic camera cars

Well enough that we are in discussions for the next movie project
right now....

:idea:This is on the level of awesomely cool that with all the special projects, researching/developing new products, production, and race season you could make a seriously good pitch to a network for reality based TV show.:thumbsup:

The cars were dropped form cranes, swung on chains , jumped , drifted, crashed
All the cars had bone stock LS3's and G96/00 transaxles..not one drivetrain broke and everything held up exceptionally well...
All the cars were built to the same spec with the exception of the automatic camera cars

Well enough that we are in discussions for the next movie project
right now....

Fran,, How would those chassis in the movie stack up against say the SLC chassis? Was there a lot more bracing involved, thicker gauge AL, ect ect? Might give at least a little bit of an idea how well the SLC would fair in a serious accident or roll over.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The material specs are exactly the same , the SLC would fare much the same as the movie chassis but hopefully you don't decide to jump the SLC sideways or swing it from a chain and be dropped from 40ft.
I spend a lot of time in the design phase and safety is my number one concern...

Here is a quote from an RCR owner whose car was rolled...
I have seen the video that shows the crash described below and it was extremely violent
What happened is that an E type being lapped moved over on the car - it was doing about 100mph – that’s the fastest part of the track, two wheels into the dirt and it spun across the track into the Armco and did a barrel roll along the Armco and landed back on its wheels. The driver was fine, needed a neck brace for about a week. At first I thought that’s it, the cars a write off and that’s what everyone thought. With the car back in the workshop and cleaned up we found that the tub was intact and straight, we had to cut out and replace a dent where the right rear driveshaft had snapped against the tub and there was a seam on the rear side that needed welded up. The roll bar had a dent in the middle where it hit the Armco. The rear corners needed replaced (the uprights were fine), the front corners were fine. The fuel cells held, no fuel leaked.

The repairs were done by a shop that does spaceframe replicas and they were very surprised at the strength of the tub, their spaceframe would have twisted beyond repair in a crash of this nature

In one of the trailers for need for speed, they showed interior. Huh, a cableshift shifter in a Koenigsegg? Looks pretty similar to an SLC inside. Has Fran morphed the SLC frame to add an Agera body?

Whoops, forgot to attach...

Attachments

• need4speed.jpg
    need4speed.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 430
Whoops, forgot to attach...
Confused... is that a fake interior? I see nice stitching on the ceiling but the center console looks fake.

I figured the exteriors would be fake but the interior would simply be nothing and they would use the real thing for beauty shots.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Fake...you mean like replica/recreation..?....:lipsrsealed:

Some of the cars in the movie didn't exist as customer cars at the time of shooting and as the Veyron, P1 and Sesto Elemento combined would have cost around $10,000,000 alone for one of each it was simply not feasible from what I was told

Back