IMG_1504.JPG
    106.4 KB · Views: 563
  • IMG_1499.JPG
    IMG_1499.JPG
    113.7 KB · Views: 512
  • IMG_1501.JPG
    IMG_1501.JPG
    123.8 KB · Views: 548
We are putting together a video of the car on the new Atlanta Motorsports Park Track. This track has just opened and is a club for car owners who want to drive their cars on the track without waiting for an event. The video unfortunately is not at high speed but you can see the elevation change and the track lay out, which was designed by the architect that has designed the last 11 F1 tracks built in the world. I am wanting to start a new thread for videos of SL-C cars on the street or track for all viewers without having to search through all the threads to see videos, they will all be at one place. Please let me know what you guys think, I want to make sure if there is a video of a car on the track I won't miss it because it was tucked in a thread I would have never thought to look for there.

Alex are you referring to no picks from Bob or Rob, if it is me I have tried to upload some but I cannot get it to work. My son says I am technically challenged, funny since I am an inventor. I have asked him to help, even yesterday, and he has not made it over yet. I guarantee he would be here if I gave him the keys and said take the car for a day. They will be coming soon.

Rob, not Bob :D

The video thread sounds like a good idea to me. There's a couple picture threads out there.

Bob D, is your car painted or polished gel coat?

LOL
A girlfriend once said to me while a passenger in a unique Porsche I had built -

"Hey! guys are pulling along side to get a look at the car, NOT at me"

:) Ahhhh Kelly Korhnec what a sweet girl (really), that was a few decades ago and I imagine the SLC is going to have the same effect. X-100

I wonder where she is these days ... and if she would be up for a ride. :)

I have seen the beast,, Kelly or anyone else will have a hard time getting any attention sitting in Rob's car.

Hey Rob, I found the Vette Latches, no strikers or cables tho, let me know - you can have them.

Well some times things start to turn around.I must say when I bought my car my wife was not happy at all, when I spent months in the shop working on it she became a little more upset with it. I would ask her after I got it running again if she wanted to go for a ride, her response NO, I want nothing to do with that thing, it took me months to get her in it. She has become more receptive to the car, and sure enough she will now ride in it when we go somewhere, which she says she does not like all the attention. For my birthday she bought the car cover for it. I must say I was shocked she spent money on my car. The car cover is for a Lotus and was personally delivered by Arnie Johnson President of Lotus Corporation of North America. He said he had heard about my car and wanted to see it, I did not have it with me at the time, but wants to go for a ride in it on the track with me at Road Atlanta. Well I guess the car is starting to be accepted by the Automotive industry. So Fran you should be proud when the President of Lotus is hearing about the SL-C and wants to check it out.

Attachments

• IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 291
Why is it that every time I take out my car, some one on a bike wants to race me. I would love to give it a run just to see, but I do not want to get a ticket because we will not stop at just 100 mph, so all I can do is shake my head NO. I am just not liking being that responsible. I will race them on a track but it just would not be fair. I am always amazed at all the pictures being shot every time I am out, it is just a beautiful car, what can I say.

Why is it that every time I take out my car, some one on a bike wants to race me. I would love to give it a run just to see, but I do not want to get a ticket because we will not stop at just 100 mph, so all I can do is shake my head NO. I am just not liking being that responsible. I will race them on a track but it just would not be fair. I am always amazed at all the pictures being shot every time I am out, it is just a beautiful car, what can I say.

Honestly, 100mph and 160mph is the same charge typically...I say go for it. ;)

Honestly, 100mph and 160mph is the same charge typically...I say go for it. ;)

Yea but usually at 120 you will lose your DL.

I have also had knee dragers wanting to race me. But I do not have a SLC yet. It is in my stock neon srt-4. They must feel special beating a 3,000 lb car.

Last edited:
An excerpt from my "SL-Razor thread".

I did another run out to Red Rock Canyon park (a 14 mile one-way loop with lots of elevation change, crazy 180 degree corners, etc). I think it's time to start painting little motorcycles on the side of my car like a WW2 Fighter Plane. Second time I ran through, I followed a guy on a Gixxer 1000 and I stayed with him everywhere but the straights. Not to worry though, I'd catch him in the corners. We met up at the Overlook and the conversation went like this:

"Man!!! That thing is fast."
"Yup. I know."
"Every time I thought I lost you, you were on my ass. Even after a long straight!"
"You know what? These tires are rubbish. If I had track tires on, I'd be going 5-10 mph faster through the corners."
His jaw drops. "Ok. You lead this time."

We went back through and after the first mike or so, I didn't see him in my mirrors again until the end.

For those who are thinking about picking up a Razor, or any RCR/Superlite product, for that matter... DO IT! I thought my BMW HP2 was quick on the twists... I thought my 07 Corvette was quick through the twisties... My SL-Razor is easily 5-10 mph faster than anything I've ever driven (excluding carts).

I had been lucky 3 times getting pulled over. Our county police lost their radar permit for a year, I did not find out till the last 2 months or so. I was taking my car to the shop and I kicked it down when I turned onto another road. I only ran it through second but was doing 90 mph. I looked in my mirror after a few minutes and there was a motorcycle cop. He pulled me over asked what is this thing, said he was doing over 90 trying to catch me. I said well I was not doing 90. He asked what should he do. I said tell me do not do that any more and I will keep it at the speed limit if he lets me go. He did just that. The second and third time was the same speed by the way in a 40 mph zone all 3 times.The second and third time was the same cop, I could not believe it. He also let me go both times. I decided then I will have to slow it down before I get a real ticket. This is why I am just cruising. It is a photo op for all the people taking pictures so you have to look at it on the bright side. I am trying not to go too fast which is almost impossible.

Problem at Atlanta Motorsports Park.I have video of the laps and will post this when we get it together so everyone can see the new track. Spun it coming out of a turn and backed it into a guardrail we were almost stopped when we hit. I can tell you it was a great time all the way up to this point.Had new Hoosier R-6 tires and went out for the first session it quit. Pulled it back in and luckily I had my mechanic ther checking out the car my son was driving a Mazda RX 8, we eventually determined he blew a seal in the motor. We found a broken wire for the pressure pump got it fixed went out for another session. It went fine then my son went out with me for the next session, thats when it happened. The track is pretty tight , twisty, and was designed by the same architects that have designed the last 14 formula 1 tracks. They wanted to put in some of the existing turns in other tracks, one being SPA AU Rouge and I am not sure of the other one. The feeling of just watching SPA run and hitting the exact same turn was really something. I did not get over 110 mph of so through that turn, man I do not see how they can do it, and to have seen Kemi pass Michael in that turn was absolutely incredible. Well we will get some new parts, put it back together and are suppose to hit Roebling Road this weekend I have a lot of work to do. Fran I need some parts big time.

Attachments

• IMG_1551.JPG
    IMG_1551.JPG
    78.1 KB · Views: 354
  • IMG_1553.JPG
    IMG_1553.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_1552.JPG
    IMG_1552.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 381
Sorry to see the damage, Bob.

Looks like a new wing and mounts, and some bodywork in the rear clip will set you right- unless there is something else hidden in the pics.

Went to the Roebling Road Raceway couple weekends ago, did a video but it had too much glare off the windshield so you can only hear the car. From there I went to Daytona and spent a week there for vacation. Took the car out on the beach for a photo shoot, what a story. I got out of the car and started taking pictures, the beach patrol showed up and asked if I was stuck, I told him no I was taking pictures. Over the radio a guy comes on and said, find out what that thing is and call me back. I told him what kind of car it was and before long a guy shows up in the patrol pick up truck, It turns out to be the Captain of the beach patrol and he starts telling me about his Hyabussa bike he has. He decided to pull the truck behind the car and make it look like I was pulled over, turned the lights on and everything. A second patrol truck pulls up and gets on the loud speaker and says a car like this deserves a second truck to have it pulled over. Then a crowd starts to gather thinking I am getting in trouble. The Captain then asked if I wanted my picture of the car with me in it, so he did a few shots and we talked for a while longer, he gave me his card and said if I needed anything while I was in Daytona to just give him a call. Well it was a good time, we drove it down the strip in front of the boardwalk and we had a lot of pictures taken by everybody looking at the car, don't know if I was the first one with a SL-C in Daytona on the streets but it was fun.

Attachments

• IMG_1575.JPG
    IMG_1575.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 340
  • IMG_1572.JPG
    IMG_1572.JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_1579.JPG
    IMG_1579.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_1581.JPG
    IMG_1581.JPG