owning an SL-C

Thanks Michael I was at Road Atlanta and what fun, that is my kind of track, fast. I have hit over the speed limit but in that car on the street you really have to be careful. It is hard to drive on the streets and go slow but that is the fun of it everybody taking pictures and giving you the thumbs up

Yep... I've often wondered how well the clutches will hold up from city driving, when you're always on the clutch poking around town. Fortunately, I live very close (1/2 mile) from an interstate by-pass (485), which will let me stretch the legs once in a while. Otherwise, it's exactly as you say... A photo-op for other gear heads.

It's crazy how these cars come with their own "Rock Star" Status. We're just along for the ride... Not that I'm complaining... :thumbsup:

Yep... I've often wondered how well the clutches will hold up from city driving, when you're always on the clutch poking around town. Fortunately, I live very close (1/2 mile) from an interstate by-pass (485), which will let me stretch the legs once in a while. Otherwise, it's exactly as you say... A photo-op for other gear heads.

It's crazy how these cars come with their own "Rock Star" Status. We're just along for the ride... Not that I'm complaining... :thumbsup:

LOL
A girlfriend once said to me while a passenger in a unique Porsche I had built -

"Hey! guys are pulling along side to get a look at the car, NOT at me"

:) Ahhhh Kelly Korhnec what a sweet girl (really), that was a few decades ago and I imagine the SLC is going to have the same effect. X-100

I wonder where she is these days ... and if she would be up for a ride. :)

Michael the clutch really holds up well on the street, the clutch blew from a flywheel issue, we got that straightened out.

Mesa I can tell you I am always getting requests from ladies to go for a ride, my wife lets me take only ones we know which are a friend of ours. So if you are single the SL-C is really a babe magnet you are right X-100 compared to other cars.

That's going to be an interesting experience the first time that happens.

It was a little hard on Kelly's ego = a babe in her early 20's is just not used to the LACK of attention :)

Now ArtGirl - you better start training now. Most of the time it is the Man that has the car as the "other" Woman. Hhhhmmm... We are now going to see the Woman having the car as "other" woman :)

Don't be jealous, although the shock to the ego may be more than one can take! (Big Grin)

The issue was in the bushing in the flywheel, we had a problem where the original bushing in the flywheel was worn considerably and we replaced it with a new bushing. The new bushing wore out quickly and were having problems where the transmission was grinding going into gear, we bought a Ford GT bearing for the flywheel and put it in. This solved the problem with the grinding going into gear and the transmission shifted smoother. The problem was the bushing was put in in the same direction as the bushing which is from the engine toward the gearbox. The gearbox may have pushed the bearing out some when we put it back in. There was nothing to hold the bearing in place to prevent that. The bearing came out clutch came apart and broke both disc's having a spring come out of each and wedged in the clutch where it would not go in. We then took the flywheel after measuring carefully to a machine shop and had the bearing installed in the opposite direction from the gearbox toward the motor. By re-machining the flywheel there was now a lip for the bearing to press against to keep it from coming out. This has solve the gearbox shifting hard and the ability for it to go into gear easily. I would definitely recommend this modification to the flywheel.

Still no pics from Rob ... I call ... SHENANIGANS! :p

shenanigans4.jpg

Alex are you referring to no picks from Bob or Rob, if it is me I have tried to upload some but I cannot get it to work. My son says I am technically challenged, funny since I am an inventor. I have asked him to help, even yesterday, and he has not made it over yet. I guarantee he would be here if I gave him the keys and said take the car for a day. They will be coming soon.

I found it in someones flickr account and I imagine they did the PS work. I only downloaded and doctored it to make it suitable as a desktop pic. I have a high res version if anyone wants it.

There you go Dave that is my car. I am almost positive that picture was taken at Road Atlanta at the Walter Mitty event. That is really a cool look. I do have a picture made when we were at the World of Wheels in 2010, which I sent a copy to Fran, of my car with 3 different views with the number 2 as a phantom in the back ground which also really looks good. I have one hanging on my wall in my office which I catch myself staring at it instead of working all the time. By the way we won first place for best exotic in that show which is the biggest car show here in Atlanta held once a year.

pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0636.JPG
    IMG_0636.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 333
  • IMG_0637.JPG
    IMG_0637.JPG
    103.9 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_1498.JPG
    IMG_1498.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1497.JPG