P4 Lights

Hi, I'm building one of the last Foreman P4 replicas and now its at a rolling chassis stage I'm looking at the bodywork.

I've made quite a few changes to the Foreman design in order to get it at least making something closer to the right noise (flat plane V8 and tranny from an F355) and a few other modes to get it so it should turn in some reasonable lap times given its power to weight ratio.

One area of concern in terms of reasonable autheticity is the lighting at the front. A proper P4 has the driving lamps (pres a Marchal item) surface mouted and they sit in little tapered pods.

See the pic below.
p4lights.jpg

Anyone know if the RCR P4 has lighting more akin to this, or are there any American cars where I may pick up a similar looking item both for the driving light and the turn signal.

Seems for turn signals there is not much beyond the Lucas items from the Mini/Land Rover available....

Sorry, but mine are mounted directly onto the vertical panel surface. The turn signal is mounted horizontally.
2002_0101p40005.jpg

2002_0101p40007.jpg

I have a photo of Jim's 330 P4 form "The Quail" a few years ago, and his has more of a bulb shaped protrusion.
Jim K

Jim,

Thanks for the pics. Indeed 0846 is different to 0844 in the pic above. I've attached an image of 0846's lights below.

I'm going to copy the 0846 arrangement as its easier. It also facilitates some beam alignment mechanism.

I've sound some H4 108mm (4.5") headlamps normally used by the Harley/Goldwing boys, which are well made and have the chrome bezel. I'll get a body spun locally, and fab up a mechanism for the beam adjustment - can't be so hard.

That just leaves the sidelights/turn signals. 0846 is apparently a Sev Marchal item, and one historic headlamp compnay I spoke to told me I would find a set of these in the US. Any idea waht theya re from? Really they need to be small - 2" max around the widest point.

All that said, I have to say what a striking resemblance the RCR body has to the Foreman in terms of the headlamp pods! Its rumoured Fran got a body from NF, but I though it was not used. Am I wrong?

Attachments

• 0846-1.jpg
    0846-1.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 311
Jim,

I replied to your post but Fran removed it as I made reference to the familar appearance of a certain part of your car. I've sent you a PM with my original question though.

Back