Pathe Footage of 1967 Paris Race

Jim Craik

Lifetime Supporter
Nice film, can anybody identify car #40 its a nice looking thing but I can't place it in my memory bank?

David Morton

Lifetime Supporter
Such a fantastic circuit at Monthlery, only the French could have decided to use Magny Cours for F1. It has everything, with some very steep banked curves for the very brave.

Nomad : Williams & Pritchard Register - Nomad Mk I

I used to live three doors down from Mark Konig and must obviously deny rumours that he tested his cars around the square where we lived

I can clearly remember most weekdays the car was on its trailer opposite his house

There was in an annual at the time a wonderful article about how his start money would pay for the European jaunts and mostly he would be back at work (selling Ferraris) for Monday

Very inspirational & influential for a ten year old !

Here is a link to a short clip of video showing the GT40's and ferrari P4's amongst others in the 1967 Paris 1000KM race. This was posted by a kind soul on the P4 register, I thought that you guys might also like to see it. Enjoy!

British Pathe - PARIS AUTORACE (aka PARIS CAR RACE)

Great link Mark , thanks a lot.
Also searched for GT40 on the Pathe site and found this:

British Pathe - 24 HOUR RACE LE MANS (aka BRITISH FORD GT40 WINS LE MANS)

Not sure if it has been on the Forum before but 40 years ago........................

Nice find Mark -

How's the P4 coming along?

Quite nicely Paul. I hope to have the chassis sitting on it's own four feet for the first time since December by the end of this month. Then I can get it over to someone to fit a roll cage, before putting the body on. If I'm lucky, she should be finished in three months. Hopefully early enough to get some shakedown time in ready for next season.

Jack Houpe

GT40s Supporter
Thank You, I enjoyed this very much. I wish I had the series "legends of motorsports" on DVD, it use to be on speed vision network many years ago and this reminds me of that show.

I'm curios about the #7 car. It looks kinda like a Porsche 904 but I'm not sure.

Chris,

It may be a Chevron B series, B6 possibly (BMW), but I'm not sure :huh:
They were pretty quick little cars. Many considered them dangerous, but what older sports racer isn't.

Back