Period Photos

Ron Earp

Admin
John and Trevor,

Both of you fellows need to hire a web developer with the intent to develop an online store. It'd not be a difficult thing for one of these developers to compile a DVD of the images, create an website with payment options, and allow you to profit from your labor.

Folks that run websites generally don't know how to do all the programming needed to get things done (I'm guilty as charged) so don't feel like you need to do the work yourself. I use a great group of out Italy that designs websites and they handle the heavy lifting on this site. I'd highly recommend them for design if you are interested. I'm sure there are many good outfits in the UK as well.

Best,
Ron

John and Trevor, is it because the people that plagiarise your images and extracts from your books know that it's not worth your time taking them to court? If they have got away with it for so long do they just assume they are OK?
If you contact them and request that they remove all your copyrighted data or suffer the consequences perhaps they might think twice.

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
How come these nice folks totally ignore the copyright warning inside the cover of every book ....

Not everyone even realizes that copyright exists, much less what it means in the context of rampant free publishing on the web. But there's nothing stopping you from contacting them and explaining copyright to them along with the potential legal consequences for them.

Or to put more concisely: why are you complaining to us rather than them? :)

Sorry if my posting was seen as 'complaining' - not the case, just a general letting off of steam and sympathising with a fellow sufferer! I am very well aware that copyright theft is commonplace in all walks of life but when someone lifts whole chunks out of your book, it's irritating.

I did contact them - the site is still there. I could if I chose get in touch with the host server and request its removal, but life is short and have better thing to do, so I live with the consequences. My choice I guess

Yes legal action is ridiculously expensive - if I stood an even chance of not being out of pocket financially then, as a principal, I would go after them, But I know full well I'd be onto a loser as the law offers no protection for the 'injured party' so the copiers get away with it

I cannot believe for one moment that anyone with a single brain cell is not aware of the copyright act regarding art, books, images and music - it's all the same thing but unlike the music industry, the 'arts' are not protected by any governing body so authors, painters, photographers and writers are all fair game to the copyists (classic example: google Shepard Fairey and look at his artwork - everything he does is stolen from artists who are capable of creating original works, unlike him. But he makes so much money he simply pays them off when the lawsuits reach court!)

Finally: ignorance of the law is no excuse (it says here...)

but I digress....back to GT40s please.....

Seymour Snerd

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry if my posting was seen as 'complaining' .....

I cannot believe for one moment that anyone with a single brain cell is not aware of the copyright act

Trevor: I meant the complaining remark as a witticism, hence the :). I thoroughly empathise with your frustration.

Regarding the single brain cell.... Remember, this is the internet....

As someone else once said: "We once thought that a million monkeys at typewriters would eventually produce Shakespeare; the internet has proven this not to be true."

You said the site was published by a member here. Who might that be?

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Nice site!

Found a picture there I had not seen before;

Tilt front clip on this one;

LeMans1965-vi.jpg

As someone else once said: "We once thought that a million monkeys at typewriters would eventually produce Shakespeare; the internet has proven this not to be true."

I think the original concept (not a quote), is that "an infinite number of monkeys each with a typewriter, randomly hitting the keys, would inevitably type out the entire works of Shakespeare, given an infinite amount of time"

Back