Pete B's Build Thread

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Finally got the doors, door panels, windows, and mirrors done. Retrieved my seats from the upholsterer who's had them since Nov and still hadn't started on them. I'm going to install them bare so I can get some road time this summer and worry about finding another upholsterer in the fall.

Congratulations! I'll swing by for a ride once you get it going :thumbsup: You could always do the yoga mat thing for temporary padding. I plan to do the same. Functional first, pretty later.

A.J.

Pete, Harbor Freight anti-fatigue mats are neoprene and resistant to most anything.
slick on one side and textured on opposite. 1/2" thick and may be easily cut.
About $9.00 for a package of four. Medium gray in color.

$20 total install including 3M adhesive glue.
lrg-2122-1377515_10154846137960702_6800361706947900436_n_copy.jpg

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Based on Eric's build thread, I ordered a yoga mat from e-bay a couple days ago, scheduled to arrive on Fri.

I was hoping to have it drivable in time for a July 4th car show, but I think it'll take a while to get through the whole title and licensing thing.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
A virgin yoga mat was sacrificed, but the driver's seat is in.

Hopefully, I'll get the passenger side done tomorrow.

Nice!!

When I went to the DMV, I got plates that day and will get the title after its inspected. I can drive it legally for one year. Maybe your state will do that too and you can drive it in the car show :)

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
It moved on it's own power for the first time today! Just down the street and back. 1st gear is...um...LOW. It was good for 'rock crawling' down the big curb from our driveway to the street. When I pulled back in the driveway, there was smoke billowing from the engine compartment :shocked:. The red paint on the Cherry Bomb mufflers was completely burning off. I guess they weren't intended to be mounted directly behind the cats.

Good luck with Upholsterers I fired two so far. First one same as you, two year wait time to get it back the other couldn't sow a straight line if his life depended on it.

now that you moving the car around on engine power, You will start to find out all sorts of things about car, noises you never heard before, leaks, new smells, things melting lol its all good stuff.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Pete what do you thing of your rear view camera? Would you recommend it? Can you provide link or vendor info. I need to add one. Pretty much last item to buy.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Well, I think I've got the OH title process down. Apparently, it's a long process :thumbsdown:. 1st, you pay $50 to schedule an appointment with a highway patrol inspection station (1st available appt is 29 Jul), then after you get it inspected, it's 2-4 weeks for them to make a VIN plate, then you have to schedule another appt to get the VIN plate installed. The closest inspection station is a 40 mile drive.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Scheduled the inspection. 1st available was 11 Aug :( . Guess I'll be lapping the neighborhood until then...

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Got the A/C working tonight. Not super cold, so I think I need to add some more R134a, but it's working. I couldn't get the compressor to come on, but finally tracked down the problem to a bad wire in the ISIS harness. That was the last electrical issue I needed to fix, so everything works!

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
1st evacuated the system with a vacuum pump, then put in two cans of R134a using a manifold gauge set.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Back