Pete B's Build Thread

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
I picked up my SLC kit yesterday, so it's time to start my build thread.

We had a little party to celebrate the arrival and get some help unloading the car from the trailer. A good time was had by all and everyone was impressed by the car.

All my build pictures are now located here: SL-C Build - Album on Imgur

Last edited:
Pete - the smile says it all. Ya didn't even wait to get the other boxes out of the cab... may we all wish for an early spring - damn snow!

I see you can even take hot-tub breaks between the build.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
Congratulations Pete and family.

I know its going to be a great family build.

Gad you made it home intime for the shindig...

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Progress so far:

1) Completed inventory and bought a new shelf to put all the parts on

2) Removed the front and rear clips and stored them in the florida room

3) Levitated the bodywork Zoey style

4) Installed my first part! I figured the cooling fans would be easy:

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Hi, my name is Pete, and I'm a polishaholic. Is there a 12-step program for this?

This is after about 6 hours of work. Definitely not perfect, but if I don't stop and start bolting parts on, a year from now I'm going to be looking a t a really shiny chassis with no parts on it. ;)

So I assume due to the polishing that the chassis is not coated. What are people using finish wise to keep the aluminum from oxidizing? I would hate for all your work to be ruined by a little exposure...

Once everything is in, there's not a whole lot of that shiny stuff showing any more.
I clean mine up but I didn't go crazy it would be pretty hard to keep it nice for every long.
I am looking at making some nice easy to remove shiny covers to hide most of the rear frame and goodies, it should help to keep it clean looking and give it a finished look.

So I assume due to the polishing that the chassis is not coated. What are people using finish wise to keep the aluminum from oxidizing? I would hate for all your work to be ruined by a little exposure...
Been covered to the point of ad nauseum.
Not an issue, period.

PeteB

GT40s Supporter
Well, it's kinda like polished aluminum wheels. They take some maintenance to stay shiny.

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
The aluminum is already oxidized ...hence its slightly dull finish.

A regular wipe down with some WD , wax etc will be more than enough to prevent the dreaded fur from starting..

Back