Proper torque for C4 Stub axles

Joel K

Supporter
HI everyone. Happy Easter!

I know many have switched over to the x-tracker setup. I’ll probably do that at some point, but want to get to go-cart and inspection before I go down that road.

I’ve have a couple recommendations on an acceptable stub axle torque value between 120 ft-lbs to 200. My kit came unassembled so a number of the parts were shipped with documentation.

The instructions recommend to torque to 250 ft-lbs. That is higher than anything I’ve read on the forum. I’ll call the company during the week, but I always appreciate other builder’s feedback.

Torque recommended...
91256F86-E938-4B20-8B69-CDF6C17DF220.jpeg

Install instruction...
A59CBF2D-2DE9-4B3C-A573-9C6E697B8FDF.jpeg

Link to hub..

Link to a similar torque recommendation which appear to be custom C4 rear hubs...

Last edited:

Johan

Supporter
Joel, I would say 250ft/lb. I recall that I had to borrow a larger torque wrench, my own ”big one” only goes up to 220ft/lb (300Nm), so 250 makes sense.

Ask the manufacturer. The torque on my 04 cobra rear axle nut is 250ft-lbs. The torque on a corvette rear axle nut (or effectively stock SL-C rear axle) is 118ft-lbs. If you over-torque you damage the bearings.

Joel K

Supporter
FYI,

I confirmed with RCR to use the manufacturer torque specs for the hub bearing. Also confirmed with MI-Bearings for the set I have 250 lbs-ft is the correct spec so I’ll go with that. Going to torque them up this weekend.

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Last edited:
Back