PW Tornado Build pics

Fitted the door handle recesses and then the handles - glad that is out of the way. You can also see some of the highly enjoyable body prep I have been doing. Now onto fitting the central locking servos in the doors. I may even change my wooden steering rack this week !

Attachments

• 61620-Doorhandle.JPG.jpg
    61620-Doorhandle.JPG.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 1,111
Paul,

Your bodywork seems to fit really well out of the box. I am astounded as the GTD was way off - especially the last picture of the door/air scoop. You just lopped about a quarter of the build time off /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The fit wasn't so bad but you have to bear in mind that I have spent a few weeks building up areas and sanding. Fitted the central locking the other day.....

Attachments

• 61960-CLocking.jpg
    61960-CLocking.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,179
Finally have replaced the wooden rack and fitted a normal one !
Steering is all in and started on the dash switches - SVA compliant positions, for the moment. Fitting / plumbing the aircon at the moment.

Attachments

• 62244-Dash.jpg
    62244-Dash.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 1,245
Paul,
looking really good. I like the idea of central locking. What units did you use? Was it hard to sort out and fit?
Sorry for all the silly questions!!
Cheers
Murray

The remote central locking kit came from : - http://www.diygti.com/
about £30 as I remember.
Was really easy to fit - it comes with a prewired loom that you just have to plug the correct coloured cables together. It came with 4 actuators so I removed the extra cabling from the loom. The only tricky bit is getting the electrics into the doors - I used the rubber sleeves off a metro GTI door !
You just have to mount the remote unit and get some permanent power to it.

Hi Paul your not in the brands hatch area are you would love to call and have a look, I am at the track bank holiday weekend , Waiting for my tornado kit , santas bringing it. regards bryn jones

Hi Bryn, I about 40 mins from Brands - round the M25 to the M3 you are welcome to pop round though send me a PM - I'm at Goodwood tomorrow though.

Not much done this week as the car has been at Tony Law in Leeds for a full crossover system in mild steel - Paul there has done an amazing job on it. Need to decide what coating to get put on it , ideas welcome - in the UK though.
Anybody tried : -
http://www.zircotec.com/

Attachments

• 64098-Exhaust.jpg
    64098-Exhaust.jpg
    182.5 KB · Views: 1,223
Paul, very interested in this central locking pic. Can I ask, are you using these door locks / catches in the picture below? If so, how do the central locking motors "drive " the catch - or do you have a separate deadlock pin through the door?

On the SVA issues, have you thought about putting the indicators in the NACA ducts? Long thin repeater units reengineered with a 21W bulb seem to fit and can be fitted without any permanent body damage. I got the idea from Frank Catt and think it will work fine on my CAV.

Brian

Attachments

• 64285-51572-DoorCatch002.jpg
    64285-51572-DoorCatch002.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,073
Back