Quaife zf - 62G final drive ratio

Hi everyone..
Just about to order my transaxle and the final drive ratio options are 3.50:1 or 3.75:1
I'm sure this has been covered but I didn't spot it in the search. So I'm wondering which to go for?. The car is primarily a road car, 302 based with 8 stack setup so maybe 450hp. Not sure what these rev to as it's my first v8 setup..
Just wondering what the preferred ratio is, and the difference between the two out in the real world
Thanks in advance
Dean

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
We like the 3.77 but it does depend upon your engine and planned use. What is Quaife quoting for delivery time? There is now a distributor in the US who has over 25 units in build.

We like the 3.77 but it does depend upon your engine and planned use. What is Quaife quoting for delivery time? There is now a distributor in the US who has over 25 units in build.

Not sure on the lead time yet, as there were questions to be answered.. But will go for the 3.75
We are building 2 cars at the same time so have asked for a price on 2 boxes, 2 bell housings, and the oil pumps - maybe get a deal on a pair

AK are also going to quote on the same, and say they can do the best price.. so will see

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
A Quaife distributor?

Ron

Yes,

A dealer who has committed to purchasing and inventorying the ZFQ as well as parts. Gearboxes will be on the shelf as well as oil pumps and other accessories/parts. Originally, I was doing this with Quaife, but some potential personal issues forced me to pass this on. PM me for contact information but please do NOT post details as the program is not yet ready to be announced. We will online firebomb anyone who breaks the embargo.

Yes,

A dealer who has committed to purchasing and inventorying the ZFQ as well as parts. Gearboxes will be on the shelf as well as oil pumps and other accessories/parts. Originally, I was doing this with Quaife, but some potential personal issues forced me to pass this on. PM me for contact information but please do NOT post details as the program is not yet ready to be announced. We will online firebomb anyone who breaks the embargo.
This is great news! Good to have another source for parts for our cars, especially the transaxles.

/s/ Chris Kennedy

Back