Questions regarding starting a gt40

Hello everyone! I'm new here. Been contemplating a gt40 build, even though I've never seen one in the flesh haha.
Now I understand there are 3 manufacturers in the UK
Gt forte
Southern
Tornado
What are peoples experience with all 3 of them? I'm pinged emails to all of them. And think I'm going between tornado and Southern. Anyone have any experience with these companies they could share either good or bad.
Thanks
james

Forget GT Forte, no longer in business (and read the reviews anyway!)
Southern GT, excellent (soon to be owned by AK sports cars)
Tornado also excellent, both have lots of followers/builders on this site who will chip in shortly I’m sure.
Simon

Forget GT Forte, no longer in business (and read the reviews anyway!)
Southern GT, excellent (soon to be owned by AK sports cars)
Tornado also excellent, both have lots of followers/builders on this site who will chip in shortly I’m sure.
Simon
Yes ive done plenty of reading on forte and it appears he's not held in high regard. I've had a chat with Southern and he's explained the situation with AK I won't be looking to buy until the new year so I will be dealing with AK. Might pop up and see them as Peterborough is only up the road and have a chat. Awaiting a reply from the guy at tornado but can't wait to get my teeth into one

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
Welcome James

You can also get Superformance here in the U.K. and if you have really deep pockets Gelscoe.

And as an option you could purchase a car that is already registered, dismantle and adjust as you see fit. They can get through the IVA but it gets more difficult all the time and in a few years……who knows!

Oh and join the GT40 Enthusiasts club, there will be a member close to you who will let you see and probably take you for a ride in their car.

Ian

ian

Welcome James

You can also get Superformance here in the U.K. and if you have really deep pockets Gelscoe.

And as an option you could purchase a car that is already registered, dismantle and adjust as you see fit. They can get through the IVA but it gets more difficult all the time and in a few years……who knows!

Oh and join the GT40 Enthusiasts club, there will be a member close to you who will let you see and probably take you for a ride in their car.

Ian

ian
Didn't know about super performance I'm going to ping them a message. I'd take on a unfinished project but ideally want to do the lot myself. I absolutely love having a project. I just want something long term as I've done a nut and bolt restoration and engine swap and a respray in 9 months. I think a gt40 should tie me up for. A bit. Pooh the enthusiasts club didn't know about that. How do I go about joining that?

Back