Race bike color code needed

Hey

i´m just building a new racebike for the new season ( starting 4th of may)
Will paint it white and blue.

THis is exactly the blue i´m looking for

click

Anyone knows the color code ) or of a very similar blue ( remember a post with a gt40 painted in a lexus blue, which is very similar, but did not note the color code at that time, and can not find the post either).

Thanks for your help

TOM

Excellent color! Make sure to post up photos when you are finished. Here's a photo of my bike, which I sold recently. Chucking myself down the track just got to be too painful, so it was time to hang it up.

Attachments

• 117_1743.jpg
    117_1743.jpg
    352.7 KB · Views: 384
  • BIR June 005.jpg
    BIR June 005.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 303

Neal

Lifetime Supporter
Tom,

Check out Ford Royal Blue Pearl (KM 6479). Great color. I did a Cobra in that color with GM arctic white stripes. Very similar to the GS colors.

Thanks for your answers so far, I think i go with the lexus color Spectra Blue Mica which is the factory Toyota color 8M6 .
attachment.php

Thanks
TOM

Ian Anderson

Lifetime Supporter
There was a thread on here where someone had gathered together a massive number of paint codes and pictures of GT40's. I have searched but cannot find it. If anyone has it in favourites please post it up

I am sure it will sort Toms query out

Ian

Hey

i´m just building a new racebike for the new season ( starting 4th of may)
Will paint it white and blue.

THis is exactly the blue i´m looking for

click

Anyone knows the color code ) or of a very similar blue ( remember a post with a gt40 painted in a lexus blue, which is very similar, but did not note the color code at that time, and can not find the post either).

Thanks for your help

TOM

hi tom

standox has a colorbox,...called,...----motobox---, inside the most motocycle colors and i think you can find it at honda or suzuki,...but look around, also red-bull is near by

ernst

Pat

Supporter
I think my earlier post was mentioned. It's the color I have on my '40 and it looks great.

Somone referenced the attached video of my car that was taken at the Motor Trend car show. I don't know who shot it but the fact that he goes a bit overboard with the zoom gives you a good look at the paint which is actually a dark blue metallic and you've seen it on Toyota models.

Ford GT40 and Ford GTX1 - YouTube

Hi

This is to update you on that bikes status
It is finished now and i had my first racing event on it.
From 4th to 6th of may i participated in the "grab the flag" classic bike event on Panninia Circuit in Hungary. Did pretty ok for a brand new bike.
The bike has been finished on Thursday monring 2.30 AM and we left for the racetrack in the late afternoon ( had to go to work inbetween).
After some small teasing issues in friday practice i only had to do some rejetting and regearing on saturday.
SCORED POLE
FINISHED SATURDAY RACE in 2nd
WON SUNDAY RACE

I am very happy with the bikes an my performance

Bike is based on a Yamaha SR500 1980. Only parts left of this original bike are Frame and engine. All the rest is custom made.
Engine displacement is according to the rules 513 ccm, Power output around 45 - 47 HP at the rearwheel. Weight of hte bike including oil (no gas) is 112 Kg with 55.3 front and 56.7 kg rear. The handling of this bike is phenomenal. It just steers there where you think. No wobbling no chattering. Thanks to the suspension mods i did ( R6 Fork, Aluminum rear swingarm, YSS Shocks, Technomagnesio wheels, Brembo brakes). this bike is a real good performer and it look killer. Here you also see which color i have chosen ( painted it by myself in 3 nights)

From This
SR_500.JPG

to that
IMG_2126.jpg

in 3 month and with a lot of hours. Fairing and seat is a copy in CFK of a Ducati TT750 parts. The tank was made after my design following also Ducati TT lines in CFK as well.
Exhaust system has been build out of 0.7mm carbon steel from my main competitor, very lightweight and beautyful sounding ( megaphone)

me an my new weapon
IMG_2128.jpg

IMG_2096.jpg

some action pics

overtaking on the outside ( yes i know)
IMG_2169.jpg

IMG_2215.jpg

infight with my main competitor
IMG_2291.jpg

IMG_2297.jpg

over all a very successfull build and race

TOM