RCR 40 MKII Difficulty.

Hello. I really want to build a RCR 40 MKII. I do not know what I will be getting myself into with a project like this, so I am wanting to know the hardest parts of the build and how long something like this would take.
When I met with Fran Hall I was told to build a FFR Cobra first and save the GT40 for the future. I have build a Cobra at Mott Community College's FFR Cobra class.
I am not sure if that has given me enough knowledge to build one of these GT40s I would also like to potentially meet with some people who have built and assembled a RCR 40 If possible I live in Michigan Flint area.

Hardest part is waiting for your kit to show up after you’ve ordered it.

Now that I’ve gotten the not-so-serious part out of the way, people with real experience can chime in. (I’ve only built a couple engines and restored a ‘60s muscle car, so this is gonna be new for me too.)

Brian Kissel

Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Welcome to GT40S Daniel. First thing to do is read all the build threads you can. Not just on RCR cars, but all of them. Take lots of notes, and ask lots of questions. Perhaps check out cars that are partially built. Frequently people will go gung Ho on their project then life gets in the way and they don’t finish the build and it can be picked up reasonably with a lot of the hard work already done. At 19, you have plenty of time to further your skills and experience and perhaps one of those deals will find its way to you. With the lead time on pretty much every manufacturer of kits and supplier of parts you could possibly find a deal sooner than you would get one if you ordered new.
Just my thoughts and I’m sure others will have other opinions.
Good luck and keep doing your do diligence on the build threads.
Enjoy the forum !!!

Regards Brian

RCR made very few MkIIs. Finding a part built kit would be low probability. There was a part built MkI on this site. If serious, post an add in the wanted section.

That’s a good idea. Do you think that there’s a chance I could be a volunteer there? Is that a thing that happens?

Think about it from a different perspective.
just brake it down into smaller tasks. Work on completing, enjoying and mastering each one.
for areas where you are struggling ask for help.
there is alway an option of getting professional help with some areas as well. Very few people build a car all by themselves without any help from someone.

Think about it from a different perspective.
just brake it down into smaller tasks. Work on completing, enjoying and mastering each one.
for areas where you are struggling ask for help.
there is alway an option of getting professional help with some areas as well. Very few people build a car all by themselves without any help from someone.
That’s also a great idea! Thanks.

Hello. I really want to build a RCR 40 MKII. I do not know what I will be getting myself into with a project like this, so I am wanting to know the hardest parts of the build and how long something like this would take.
When I met with Fran Hall I was told to build a FFR Cobra first and save the GT40 for the future. I have build a Cobra at Mott Community College's FFR Cobra class.
I am not sure if that has given me enough knowledge to build one of these GT40s I would also like to potentially meet with some people who have built and assembled a RCR 40 If possible I live in Michigan Flint area.
Shootin big young man! I like that!!

Welcome to GT40S Daniel. First thing to do is read all the build threads you can. Not just on RCR cars, but all of them. Take lots of notes, and ask lots of questions. Perhaps check out cars that are partially built. Frequently people will go gung Ho on their project then life gets in the way and they don’t finish the build and it can be picked up reasonably with a lot of the hard work already done. At 19, you have plenty of time to further your skills and experience and perhaps one of those deals will find its way to you. With the lead time on pretty much every manufacturer of kits and supplier of parts you could possibly find a deal sooner than you would get one if you ordered new.
Just my thoughts and I’m sure others will have other opinions.
Good luck and keep doing your do diligence on the build threads.
Enjoy the forum !!!

Regards Brian
Excellent advice, Brian.

Rod Dittmar

Supporter
Dave & others.
Daniel came & visited me during my build which at the time was maybe 75% complete. He looked the car over, sat in it and asked a lot of good questions. I believe that I was open and honest with my responses & feelings. He then went home to think. Daniel is a VERY young man and has never built anything like this. He contacted me recently and has now embarked on a FFR Daytona Coupe project. He should be fine with that for now, and who knows what else lies ahead for him. Maybe some day he'll join us in the madness.
Rod

Back