RCR Chassis #14 Ron McCall

Ron,

Your car looks Fantastic! Based on what I've seen of Fran's products and quality work that you have done, the car is going to be superb!

Since I also live in Carroll County, I would gladly trade you for a ride in it someday.... maybe something of the adult beverage type of your choice!

I would bet the ride would be more enjoyable than the cars I drove at the Bondurant School or the Derek Daly School (granted those were 1/2 day sessions).

Dan

I'm hoping sometime in my life to be able to enjoy one of Fran's cars in my own garage!

Ron McCall

Supporter
Thanks guys!
Bill: I got it from Pegasus.It is a Canton.

Big-Foot.I do plan to install a wiper system.I have not looked into it as of yet though.Any suggestions?

Peter D: The small hose entering in front of the pump goes to the bottom of the surge tank.The aluminum "valve" in the other radiator hose is the thermostat.It has a -6 bypass line.

Danimal: Where in CC do you live? You are welcome to come and get a ride once the car is complete.

jonathans:Actually I got them last night!!! I am waiting on a few pieces of hardware from the GM dealership.Then I can install the halfshafts! After that the only things keeping me from driving it is the shifter and the throttle cable!!!

ckouba: I actually got it running on new years day! I sent Fran a small video but I had to use my digital camera to take it.My camcorder isn't digital.:(

Again,thanks for all of the great comments! You guys are definately the best!!!

Ron,

Your're awesome! :bow:

I live in Eldersburg/Sykesville.... maybe you can explain to me where the dividing line is! When my wife and I were looking to move from Bel Air to CC, I tried to talk her into looking at the Hamstead/Manchester area... Oh well, we see who won that one!

Part of my master plan is to also beg/bribe a ride in Bill D's RCR the next time I go to Ojai, CA to visit the in-laws. (only about 1/2 hr from Bill).

I keep telling my wife that someday I WILL own a 40 and the more I see of your thread and Bill's (and a few others) I think it'd have to be a RCR.
I did get her to watch "Behind the Headlights:gt40" and she did admit it's a neat looking car.

Congratulations Ron, what a beautiful car. Thank you for the inspiration to keep going and take the time to do it right and turn out a show quality runner.

Steve

Ron McCall

Supporter
Here is a few quick update pictures I took this morning before I spent a few hours re-aligning the rear deck.(it fits MUCH better now!)
This thing is so filthy it is going to take me two weeks to clean it for Carlisle!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3412.jpg
    IMG_3412.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 3,161
  • IMG_3447.jpg
    IMG_3447.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,606
Ron
Your car keeps getting better and better! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!

And I love the faux sill beads. It really does make it look like an original. Did you get the metal from that place in Long Beach, CA?

Ron McCall

Supporter
Ron
Your car keeps getting better and better! IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!

And I love the faux sill beads. It really does make it look like an original. Did you get the metal from that place in Long Beach, CA?

Thanks Bill!
Yes,I did get the metal from your supplier. Thanks for the inspiration!

Ron

Your car is absolutely one of the sweetest here. Your color scheme is both bad ass and unique. I love black wheels on the cars (actually, I like the shiny ones too - the black ones though are just bad ass. I also love saying bad ass). You should put some footage similar to yuor avatar onto you tube. I would love to see some more of her in motion.

Cheers

Jack

Rob

Lifetime Supporter
Lookin good man....lookin good!!rockonsmile

So, are you going with or w/o the nose divider? I see it is in for one pic and out for the other...

Ron,

I just spent the last hour reviewing all 14 pages of this thread and I am speachless! Incredible job! I will have my RCR in the fall and can only hope to come close to the workmanshp and attention to detail. Thanks for posting all of the pictures. I'm getting very anxious to get mine in the garage.

Mark

sweet footage Ron. Even more Bad Ass was you blatantly driving on the wrong side of the road. Ballsy! Ha ha

Jack

Ron McCall

Supporter
Lookin good man....lookin good!!rockonsmile

So, are you going with or w/o the nose divider? I see it is in for one pic and out for the other...

With.I have to paint it white to match the stripe!
Sorry the pictures suck. Maybe someone can take some real pictures this weekend at Carlisle.

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,270
  • IMG_3468.jpg
    IMG_3468.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,253
  • IMG_3471.jpg
    IMG_3471.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 1,345
Back