RCR Chassis #14 Ron McCall

What I have always wondered is the difference in handling characteristics between the two diameters.

Ron,

Is there a difference?

Ron McCall

Supporter
What I have always wondered is the difference in handling characteristics between the two diameters.

Ron,

Is there a difference?

Not as much as I would have expected. The 15" wheels actually seem to have LESS sidewall flex!
As I did expect,the Hoosiers have ALOT more grip.

Here's what I decided on for the wheels.
What do you think???

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 2,530
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 827
Your car looks absolutely stunning. The colour you picked and the ride height, how low the body is and covers the rear wheels...

John

I like them, the car looks lower than with the 15"s. The 15"s give the car a more raw and brutal look. As john pointed out absolutely stunning. especially the rear wheelwell look

TOM

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Yep - That's the ticket! I have always liked the polished rim look with painted centers...

Your car looks great that way!!!

Okay - break time over - back to the shop I go!!!

Not too bad, Ron! Not too bad at all.

Q: Do you have the right-side spinner indents detailed in blue? (This will see how many train-spotters are out there....!)

Gaz.

Ron , could you tell me what size 15" tires you are running on your, i have gone thru your build 2-3 times now great workmanship all around thanks Bob Peckham

Ron,

Sweet, nice sound when you crank up the volume on the speakers, great blow by!

Smiling,
Howard

Ron,
In response to how is my car coming along. I have been steadily pulling it together and recording all my activities in a build log in MS Word and photos. I am not as mechanically skilled as others on this forum, and I am attempting to do the entire build by myself to include body and paint work. That was inspiration derived from your build and meeting you. After seventeen weeks I have about that many entries in my log with numerous photos. The log consists of the tools used, supplies and then a list of procedures used to do the job. I am not setting the house on fire with blazing speed. I am quite happy with what I've gotten done. I am itchy to push it further along every minute. The body is aligned, with the seams sanded and cut outs done, windows, gauges, switches and dash, fitted (dash not mounted, have to do the AC first), rear clip is hinged and doors fitted and mounted. All of these are documented in the Word file and I will start posting then soon to the forum. I have started playing with the wiring harness, of which I have enough knowledge to be dangerous! :shocked: I think I will be able to pull it altogether (the wiring, that is) in the next couple of weekends.

I have a ZF, a new Ford Boss block and other parts waiting for some heads and valve train. I should end up with a stroked 331.

I am inspired daily by watching youtube clips of other folks cars such as yours and Rob's while I am at work. I don't linger I just watch one or two to keep my fire lit. A short one I watch is titled "GT40 losses control". :laugh: I think a Frenchman posted it, I noted the French marker sign on the road toward the end of the clip.

Cheers,
Howard

Chris Kouba

Supporter
Howard,

Seems you and I are in the same boat. I have the same objective- to personally do as much of my build as I can, body and paint included. For better or worse, you can see all of my progress and mistakes on my build thread (see my sig below). My advice would be to not be afraid to try anything but to also not be afraid to ask for help (on here or locally).

It's been a rewarding and frustrating process for me depending on which day you ask, but in the end the frustration will fade away and I'll have a sweet ride which I can say I built myself.

Best of luck and don't be afraid to start your build log. You might think you're going slowly but it's nothing to be embarassed about. I've spent over a year (about 18mo actually) working through body and paint issues- unfortunately mostly which were self-inflicted. Don't worry about taking too much time or making mistakes. People here will support your progress and encourage you through the tougher times. Just make sure you're always making SOME progress.

Also with your own thread, we won't be drifting Ron's build thread and people can comment directly to yours.

Cheers!

Chris, Ron

I'll be there shortly. I guess I should tell you, embarrassment is not a problem, I'm a little too old for that. I am having a good time doing it, but I would like to post after I have had a little more noticeable progress. I don't have a well stocked garage for small parts, so I am continually small parts hunting. Folks on the forum have been great, and the guys in the local Cobra club. Ron's a little north of here and I have visited him a couple of times, that has been an inspiration to get it done and drive it his way.

I have also written a short story about the trip to pick my car up. I guess I am getting in touch with things I have always wanted to do before I am too old or too broke to do them.

You are right, I will end this and not continue the high-jacking of Ron's thread.

Cheers to you both,
Howard
RCR40 chassis #40, underway

Ron,

cool video....your closing speed on the straight must have woken some of the other drivers up...
Safety is always an issue when cars of such different speeds are out together...

Ron McCall

Supporter
I took a few pictures of my cars out in all of the snow today!

Attachments

• Rusty ZF 059-2.jpg
    Rusty ZF 059-2.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 551
  • Rusty ZF 052-2.jpg
    Rusty ZF 052-2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 506
  • Rusty ZF 042-2.jpg
    Rusty ZF 042-2.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 531
  • Rusty ZF 046-2.jpg
    Rusty ZF 046-2.jpg