RCR GT40 Interiors

Has anybody got some photos of the interior finish (cockpit) of a RCR GT40? I am more interested in a road use car than the racing car style.
Thanks

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
I'm not sure anyone other then Ron has it to that point yet. I have seen the excellent work by both Ron and BillD. Check out those build threads for as much as they have done. I did see the carpet kit at RCR many months ago, so you also might ask Fran about that as well as other amenities that you might want. Not sure what else you might need, but BillD has some excellent shots of his build on his site I think it is Bill's GT40 Build Site

Sandy

Thanks for the compliments Sandy.

Pete-
I should have my interior complete in about 4 months. My car is scheduled to go to paint Feb 24th. The finish on the interior will be shortly thereafter. And like you, my car is 99% a road car.

Bill
Thanks for your note - I have been studying you site , photos etc - all looks very promissing - question - did you just buy the basics from Fran or the "deluxe kit" - I see you are having to fabricate quite a few pieces.
- do you have carpets and interior trim supplied by RCR?
Incidentally I am considering my 2nd GT40 - the first I built from GTD as full kit back in 94. Photo's of that interior attached.

Attachments

• Interior 1 GTD.JPG
    Interior 1 GTD.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 689
  • Interior 2 GTD.jpeg
    Interior 2 GTD.jpeg
    144.9 KB · Views: 778
Hi Pete-
I bought the deluxe kit. I don't think RCR supplies any interior pieces. I'm having mine done locally

We do supply the carpet sets with high wear pads and also the seats in leather or suede with SS or brass grommets...(in the deluxe plus kits)
Our dash board is uncovered as original and our doors are open/untrimmed again as original...

Doug S.

The protoplasm may be 72, but the spirit is 32!
Lifetime Supporter
peterholt said:
Bill
Thanks for your note - I have been studying you site , photos etc - all looks very promissing - question - did you just buy the basics from Fran or the "deluxe kit" - I see you are having to fabricate quite a few pieces.
- do you have carpets and interior trim supplied by RCR?
Incidentally I am considering my 2nd GT40 - the first I built from GTD as full kit back in 94. Photo's of that interior attached.

I cant help but notice there is no central tunnel in the photo. Is that correct, or am I just not seeing it b/c of the angle of the photo?

No central tunnel sure would fix some problems with room issues.

Doug

The tunnel in the RCR chassis looks like this...
chassis005.jpg

I added a piece of aluminum rounded over to make it look more like an original. The small square console was added by me...
sill%20beads%20002.jpg

Back