RCR-P UNVEILING

Fran Hall RCR

GT40s Sponsor
We will be displaying the NEW RCR-P at Carlisle for the first public viewing....we will have a rolling chassis and the body.....the chassis is fitted with a GM factory supercharged Ecotec engine/trans package PLUS we may have a V8 version there too......STAY TUNED....it is a killer car.
Pushrod suspension..semi mono chassis...a Daytona Prototype style Group C......for the street or the track.....

There will also be an available TK minus P4 along with a customer car to be delivered at the show as a true representation of an "as supplied" Deluxe plus kit.....chassis # 14 of Ron McCall will also be on display......showing us all how it should be done....

I hope to see many new and old friends.....see ya there.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Cool. I just got home from working a PCA race at Heartland Park today.

I'm supposed to be checking out a mitsubishi 4g63 drivetrain next week, as a possible donor for my "P-car" project. The guy has a eagle talon turbo that took a side impact for $600 bucks.

Ecotec engine

Woooha,
Was reading up on that engine and the parts for it in the GM Racing Catolog. Smoke that thing can make some POWER. And I bet it doesnt weigh anything (would be interesting to know what all the turbo 'stuff' .... weighs)

'Weight is the enemy Luke'

Hmmmmmm I wonder where Fran got that engine <chuckle>

Unfortunately after reading the recent post on Californicate smog 'clarification' I won't be be able to use it - without all the smog attached. Looks like if I get one it'll be using a tried and true Cheby B8 and the 1965 ish smog stuff..... and thats cool too.

fran, are you going to have a 917 at Carlisle? happen to walk in on carl today and saw a "real" 917. he was tuning it for a guy named Seinfeld. flat twelve and all that. it was...breathtaking.
wes

gt40pinhd,

I,ve just read your message regarding Fran having a 917 at Carlisle. I,m sure he won,t mind me replying to your request.

Fran rang me here in UK this morning to confirm that the first bodyshell and windscreen had arrived safely with him having been shipped from here some weeks ago. I can tell you that once Fran gets back from the show all stops will be pulled out at producing the most accurate 917K anywhere and to a standard unavailable anywhere else in the world. I,m giving Fran every bit of guaranteed original 917 knowledge that i have had for the last thirty six years to make this RCR 917K. All the parts, drawings and measurements are from original cars that i have personally handled.

Are you all brave enough to order one ..... let Fran and the team get stuck into production in the next few months without hounding them and save your money for the deposit. Extend your garaging now !!

Graham @ GTA / Gulf Oil UK Racing.

Alex Hirsbrunner

Lifetime Supporter
And who will be the first to post photos of the RCR-P?

Just over 8 hours until the gates open.

A gentle hint :) to attendees (from the Carlisle info site):

"For guests who have Wi-Fi-capable laptop computers or handheld devices, there is free public wireless Internet access available at the Information Booth near the Stage."

Regards,

Al

OK,,,,,it's 7am here in Kansas,,,,so it should be 9 ish on the east coast right???

WELL WHERE'S THE PICS????????

Come on,,,,don't keep me waiting.
Today is my wife's birthday & I told her our new/next project car was going to be unveiled today.

Ron Earp

Admin
Check the all GT40 Forum - I started a thread up there for all Carlisle pictures so that they can all be located in one place for easy viewing.

Ron

Fran,
u know how much i love all your works and all the pics u have in your website...
please keep us informed about any update in pictures...cause I am hardly waiting all u can provide:)

Thank u again Fran

Paolo-Italy

Beautiful car

Nice job on that bodywork. I decided a while back if I was ever going to make a replica for myself, it would most likely be the 330 P4.

BUT, I'm making my own body style, frame design, suspension, the whole deal..., so I was wondering, after looking at the Carlisle pics, what wheel bearings / hubs do you use? I'm thinking about C4 or C5 Vette, or maybe even C6 if the price isn't too exorbitant. The wheels you had on the yellow P4 are beautiful - my personal choice of style and color actually, but hard to find for the Vette hubs.

Again, beautiful job.

Back