RCR917 Teaser Pics....

Ron Earp

Admin
Damn, another car I need (note the use of the word "need". Never make the mistake of using "want" with the Minister of Domestic Affairs). Along with a GT40, and an XJ13.

You just want to do an automatic draft on my bank account?

R

Russ Noble

GT40s Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Fran, I'm confused!

The chassis you posted at the start of this thread is totally different to the one you have just posted now?

Cheers

Good eyes....two variations of the 917 chassis....
one a Porsche factory spec and the other a Kremer spec......just keeping you on your toes.
Now you see why this is a very expensive and complicated project.....wink

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Ron Earp said:
Damn, another car I need (note the use of the word "need". Never make the mistake of using "want" with the Minister of Domestic Affairs). Along with a GT40, and an XJ13.

Ron -

I'm with you, I 'Need' one as well.

Fran let me ask my wife if it is ok to cut you another check, and if it will be ok if the kids to work in the Fast Food Industry as their daddy spent the education (Clothing and Food) money on cars. A dozen or so of low interest credit card checks and I'm good to go :D:D.

Sounds like a no-brainer to me, but what do I know...

Sandy

Ron Earp

Admin
Sandy said:
Fran let me ask my wife if it is ok to cut you another check, and if it will be ok if the kids to work in the Fast Food Industry as their daddy spent the education (Clothing and Food) money on cars. A dozen or so of low interest credit card checks and I'm good to go :D:D.
Same here! :)

Someone clued me in some years ago on how to get a new car. I'd been going about it wrong. I'd been talking about it, exposing my interests, etc. to the Minister and trying to convince her to let me get one. I now know that is wrong.

What you do is just go get it and be done with it. No discussion, just bring it home. That is how I got the Lola and it worked.

The beating was less painful than the discussion, and bruises and cuts fade with time. Mostly. I hear with a little PT I might walk straight again too.

Even though I stood 5ft from one and listened to it at the Festival of Speed while tuning, it didn't occur to me how that seat is situated in that car - damn! Still want one.

Ron

Sandy

Gulf GT40
Lifetime Supporter
Pete -

That is an excellent site, some really nice pictures of the car and engine.

Fran, you had better figure out how to glue 2 porsche engines together :)

Sandy

Ron Earp

Admin
Cool site! :) Finally, I get to see some welding that looks about as bad as mine - Fran I'm sure you guys have improved that part for certain!

Ron

[QUOTE
I envisage these cars being track car for the most part due to the restrictions its design involves.....
[/QUOTE]

Why being so shy?
There are at least 3 original 917`s known on public roads, one driven by Count Rossi, by then owner of MARTINI spirits, a guy from Calw (Black Forest/Germany) and Emerson Fittipaldi.
On the following pics you can see the famous silver 917 in 1975 driving her back to her new home in Paris after being collected at Porsche`s R & D in Weissach in company of his mechanic. The car is said to have covered the whole distance without a flaw

Following those are pics of a white 917 on the roads around Stuttgart.

Last but not least you see Fittipaldi gunning his 917 through the streets
of his hometown. Car was later sold to David Piper.

Enjoy.

Best,
Marcus

Pacing into sunset...

Attachments

• Bild1.jpg
    Bild1.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 749
Back