Real or fake??

Check this pic out. Real or fake GT40?

I love it...:heart:

Attachments

• sun07x.jpg
    sun07x.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 516
I'm guessing its real purely based on the lack of the grooves that 'fakes' have. Of course it could still be a fake. :)

Mark,

Spot on with 1021. The GT40s which race in the American historics quite often advertise their chassis numbers via their race numbers. Not always, but enough to often help spectators guess which cars they are looking at.

At the 1994 Road America GT40 reunion, while all we others slept the night before the race, Jeff Sime spent the full night working on 1021. All to the good though, as the driver for the race was one Brian Redman, who rewarded Jeff's hard work with a win.

Ronnie Spain

Of course--they're all real! It's the Shelby museum! They've got more than a half-dozen genuine GT40s including a Mk IV, and a pile of genuine Cobras, GT350s and 500s, and other things as well (for instance, Pete Brock's Shelby-ized Ford Falcon parts chaser).

The museum is in Boulder, CO. WELL worth the visit! :thumbsup:

Why is the colour different? Looks more black in the other shots or has it had a colour change?

Cheers Guys for the chassis number

I saw in the pictures of the Shelby museum that the 2 mk1 GT40 both have 4 lights on the rear like the mk2 also has.
Most GT40 rep only have 2 what was the reason behind that, weight? complexity?

Is the copper mkiv in photo real?IF so I would like to go visit has anybody been?

Yes it is real . It is J7. I had the pleasure to look at the car in the collection and it was shown to me by the owner. He opened it up and told me every detail. Awsome car to look at in flesh.

TOM

Back