Release of Ford GT?

Is the Ford GT going to be released this spring as a 2005 model or will it be released in spring of 2005?

How many production years? 2 years with 1500 cars per year?

Any idea how many cars will be alotted for Canada?

Just trying to clarify as the information is conflicting.

Thanks...

I could be wrong, but if sells are successful, which I'm guessing they will be, I don't see a short run.

I visited the LA Auto Show last month. The GT40 had twice the crowd around it then the upcoming Corvette C6. Don't get me wrong, the C6 is sweet looking. I own 2 Vettes. But the GT40 just plain kicks butt.

There's a difference between a limited run and limited production.
I don't see Ford ever increasing annual output...but certainly they could extend the run for as long as they care to invest in the necessary Federal changes.

My guess is that depends on how much "Halo" affect the GT
will continue to provide through the years. Dodge has continued Viper production a lot longer than most of us
expected, and it can't be because of profits...way too small
a % of the total to be meaningful. Dodge planners must
believe the "Halo" value is still worth the effort.

Will be interesting to see how Ford rationalizes the need for two "Halo" cars...the GT and the Cobra...

MikeD

Rick Muck- Mark IV

GT40s Sponsor
Supporter
production Job 1 is set for April 29 at Wixom assembly plant. I would assume that it will take a while to "ramp-up" production but cars should start getting to the dealers by June.

Rick

Mike,
a recent interview with J Mays had him quoting that he was eyeing the GT assembly plant for the Cobra once production had finished.... who knows /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif
Brett

The GT (note: it is not named GT-40) is being assembled at Wixom's prototype build center located on the grounds of Wixom Assembly. It will not be integrated into the current assembly line process at the plant.

Keith

Keith is half correct. Initial assembly will take place in Troy at SSV (a spin of of Saleen), final trim will take place in Wixom.

Back