Reminder: Rolls-Royce, visit 7th February

..... as published in the club magazine:

I have arranged a factory visit to the new Rolls-Royce factory at Goodwood for the afternoon of Tuesday 7th February 2006.

This is a very rare opportunity to go behind the scenes to see the manufacturing facilities where the Phantom is made, as the tour is usually only offered to owners or prospective owners of the car. I also understand that the plant will be closed to all visitors from the Spring of 2006 and so this is a visit not to be missed.

The tour will last for approximately 90 minutes, and guests must be aged 16 or over. Unfortunately the tour is not suitable for those with restricted mobility, and Rolls-Royce reserve the right to exclude any visitors who, in their opinion, are unable to meet their Health and Safety obligations.

We have a strict limit on numbers and so I will allocate places on a strict “first come, first served” basis, so please contact me as soon as you can. If necessary, a reserve list will be in operation.

This should be a fascinating tour – don’t miss it!

There are a few places left, so could anyone else who wishes to come please contact me urgently! I need to give final numbers, plus the names of all attendees, to the factory by the end of this week.

Charles

Hi Charlie,
What time would one have to be at Rolls Royce and is there still places left ?

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Charles - please confirm I am on said list... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Keith, 2pm. Shall I put you down for a place?

Charles

Like Paul T , can you confirm that I'm on your list please Charles? Thanks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Jools

[ QUOTE ]
Like Paul T , can you confirm that I'm on your list please Charles? Thanks
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif Jools

[/ QUOTE ]

Jools, likewise, you're on the list.

I'll be phoning (or emailing) everyone on the list today, for final confirmation....

Charles

Hi Charles I'm up for the RR visit, I sent you an E mail on 30th
but just in case here it is again
P.S. should I come in the Rolls or would it be showing off ?

Update: Rolls-Royce, visit 7th February

I've sent the list to the factory, and have contacted all 20 attendees off-board.

For those that wish to, can I suggest we meet at the circuit at around mid-day and have lunch at the flying club or the Vitro Cafe? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Charles

Keith,

If its the model as in the Darling Buds of May in yellow then definitely!

Charles, I am up for the munchtime meet.

[ QUOTE ]
Charles
Are all of the places taken? If there is a spare, can I bring my son?

[/ QUOTE ]
Hi Chris.
Sorry, all the places are now taken /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Is your son over 16? If so, we could have him "on the bench", just in case anyone drops out....
Charles

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

BTW Charles, what's the postcode of the factory (New SatNav and I want to see how it gets me down to Goodwood!)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too.

BTW Charles, what's the postcode of the factory (New SatNav and I want to see how it gets me down to Goodwood!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi Tony.
The postcode is PO18 0SH.
Which satnav did you get? I'm looking at buying one, but still awaiting approval from the Chancellor of my exchequer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hi Charles -

Sorry to butt-in but I have just got a Tom Tom 700 - seriously cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Works great with my mobile via bluetooth to give hands free, shows speed (sorry safety!) camera locations + a bunch of other stuff too. + Covers all of Europe..

very neat! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banana.gif

Charles,
I have the Garmin StreetPilot c310, bought for an enormous discount from Global Positioning Systems in Newcastle on recommendation from Desmondo McFinnan.
You can download all sorts of stuff from POI handler - pubs, speed cameras (fixed and mobile, Gatso and Truevelo etc) and it's very easy to use (got it for my wife! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beat.gif).
I have found that entering a 6-character postcode often gets you to within 50 yards of your target.

Paul what the heck is a TOM TOM 700
If its what I think it is my mate got one for his girlfriend last week from Ann Summers....
When you said sorry to 'BUTT-IN' It came back to me in a flash.
You really are sick Paul... You need therapee.

Tony
If you think the Garmin 310 is good Try the 350 it's fantastic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/driving.gif

[ QUOTE ]
my mate got one for his girlfriend last week from Ann Summers....

[/ QUOTE ]

"Dr Dr - I have this 'friend'....." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

See Ya Tuesday Keith /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1poke.gif

Back