Remote booster or not

I am going to use 6 pot calipers front with 330mm rotor and smaller 6 pot and 292mm rotor on the rear.
Can anyone tell me if I am going to need a remote booster.
I know I am going to need to get the master cylinder size and pedal ratio optimum to get the best out of the set up.
Would it compare to say a large production sedan?
I have driven one with a standard corvette set up and no booster, it was a really well built and set up vehicle, but there was a bit too much effort to stop quickly for my liking.

Thanks

Bob

You wont get the production car feel without a booster. I run 5/8 masters on mine and it is some ware in between.
Smaller masters will give more pressure but also more travel, there are formulas but I throw cylinders at it till I get the feel I am after and that is often smaller cylinders than the formula ideal.
Some may not agree but it works.
If this is a roady pad compound will have an effect if to hard , you wont get the bite if to cold.

Jim

I am going to use 6 pot calipers front with 330mm rotor and smaller 6 pot and 292mm rotor on the rear.
Can anyone tell me if I am going to need a remote booster.
I know I am going to need to get the master cylinder size and pedal ratio optimum to get the best out of the set up.
Would it compare to say a large production sedan?
I have driven one with a standard corvette set up and no booster, it was a really well built and set up vehicle, but there was a bit too much effort to stop quickly for my liking.

Thanks

Bob

I think a pedal with feel without assistance on a 24 pot system with I guess competition pads is going to be a tall order.

Bob

Thanks guys,

I will be back with more questions I am sure, but this info should get me going, then some fine tuning when the thing is on its wheels.

Cheers

Bob

Back