RF Fuel Senders Needed

The fuel gages are not working, If I ground the wiring harness the gage works. The senders have NO Resistance. Anyone have a replacement part # for these ??? Thanks Wally

Thanks Jim I had all ready check for grounding, I took both senders out after posting and both were locked solid and wouldn't move, The drivers side ( right on this one ) shows no signs of hope, The passengers side is intermittent on the VOM. I did find a part # on the one and they are available from the UK if I must. I'm hoping someone will chime in with a local solution. Looks like more alcohol fuel related damage ????? Wally

Hi Wally,

we used to buy the Smiths sender units under p/n SM-BF2242-00C
but that was a long time ago, we changed over to VDO. I hope you can find a local source for these if not send us a note and I'll see if we can get some arranged.

regards Paul

Thanks Ian I pulled the units out of the KVA tanks there in the same condition ( same Part # to ). The good thing was I was able to free one up and the Ohm's are standard 20 -240 so I have 2 on the way. Will get 2 more if these work out as these are 5 bolt and I will need to make adapter plates to use them ( NOT pulling the tanks to redrill them ) These are for the RF, I will be able to redrill the KVA tanks as there empty and easily removed yet.

Jim Dewar

Supporter
Wally, Search Centroid Products in Fl. They can supply you with a sender right for your car. I have used them on several projects and a number of members have too. Give them a call and they will set it for your wiring and depth.

Back