RF Gulf GT Will make debut at Knott's this weekend

RF Gulf GT Will make debut at Knott\'s this weekend

Some of you have seen the photos of this beautiful Gulf Replica in 1968 #9 Livery but you need to see this car up close. It is an absolutely stunning car. I know, I'm pregidous but it really is. I hope that as many of you as possible will come and see this car up close.
Here is a photo I just took before dark of my GT and the Gulf car. I hope you enjoy them.
Hersh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Attachments

• 36299-Gulf car 3 QTR rightside Forum.jpg
    36299-Gulf car 3 QTR rightside Forum.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 275
Re: RF Gulf GT Will make debut at Knott\'s this weekend

And another of my GT and the Gulf car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Attachments

• 36300-3 QTR View My GT & Gulf GT Forum.jpg
    36300-3 QTR View My GT & Gulf GT Forum.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 278

I saw this car at the factory when nearly finished. It is quite stunning and if anyone wants to see what stainless panels look like done well, this is the car. Regards

Hersh,

I don't blame you for being prejudiced about that car, it looks amazing.

Any chance of some detail photos?

Good luck,

Rick

I saw that car at Hershal's house and can attest to the fact that it is indeed stunning. Extremely well done.

Looks beautiful.
Glad to see you got all the loose ends tied up.

Ron Earp

Admin
Re: RF Gulf GT Will make debut at Knott\'s this wee

So there was a reason behind those questions on the horseshoe icons.

MWGT40

Supporter

Hersh

What kit is the Gulf car based on. It certainly is stunning. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Martin

Hersh Beautiful car!!! Almost as good as my CAV-- Just kidding, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif great car. Yeh more detailed pics would be good. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

JimmyMac

Lifetime Supporter

Hersh,
Both of them are bloomin' gorgeous ! Let's have more of this stuff.
Incidentally, it was mainly your contributions to this forum that got me into building my own machine and you seem to have gone rather quiet lately ?

It's a Roaring Forties that was built at the factory in Australia.

Is this car a completed turnkey or a turnkey minus?

I was at Knott's yesterday and my 550 Spyder was parked a row over from the RF cars - lucky me - I checked them out and they were very well finished. Very stunning cars! Hmmm

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Hersh or anyone in the know /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif In viewing the two beautiful cars at the Knott's show I noticed a slight difference in the rear clip around the rear tires. Was it my imagination or do the Gulf cars have a slight bit wider dimension (flare?) than the Type I?

Thanks Guys for noticing and the kind words. We just got back from Knott's and it was a very successful show. The Gulf GT Took first place as the best manufacturers award. I was fortunate enough to take a second place with my car. a really nice Daytona coupe took first.
Yes Tim, the Gulf car has 2" wider hips on each side. It has the wider BRM rims as well. I will post some more detailed pictures later this week of the Gulf GT. The proper disignation for the wide hip cars are Mark Ib's The non flared models are called Mark I's.
Sorrry for going quiet on the forum lately but it has been one busy month preparing the Gulf car and My own Gt for Knott's. I'm thankfull that Robert Logan has been here to help sort things and get all this organized in time for the show. This guy puts Duracell and the energizer Bunny to shame. He has no off switch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Hersh, hate to make you breakout in a sweat but when is the next event here in the west? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tim,
You are welcome to come to Phoenix anytime. I will pick you up at the airport and I will even put you up for the night if needed. Then you can spend the day talking to me and driving the GT. I have one here under construction that you can see also.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter

Hersh,
Thanks for the invite. As much as I would like to take you up on the offer, the trip would no doubt prove to be costly! Unable to afford 'another' GT right now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Although, I wouldn't mind pick'n your brain (what's left anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif) about flaring my Mark I to Mark Ib rear clip.

If you are interested in adding the wide rear fender you might check with Fran Kress. He was supplying the necessary parts to widen the fender and to modifiy the sills to match. F, Faile has them on his car and they look great. Try 412 441 4275

Back