Roaring Forties #24

I finally got a close up picture of the additional latches on the rear clip. Thought someone may be interested. This subject seems to come up from time to time.

Attachments

And eventually the body is finished and it can stand on its own 4 feet. The weather wasn't good that day but I needed some pictures to prove to the motor registry I was actually doing something.

Attachments

I should take this opportunity to thank Robert and all the team at Roaring Forties for all the assistance that I got throughout the process.

Also to the members of the forum. Without all this help I probably would never have got to this point.

Regards

John

Attachments

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
John, congratulations on a superb job - you have accomplished so much in such a short time !

Beautiful colour choice (but then, I wouldn't be at biased about dark blue, now would I ?) !!

I know its very late notice, but a few of us Sydney guys are going to meet up in Centennial Park this Sunday 10/4 at 11am (weather permitting). I am sorry I didn't contact you earlier, but I had no idea that you would be anywhere near finished by now !

I'll PM the details to you - it would be great if you could make it (we reckon on about 5-6 GT's being there, plus friends & enthusiasts). If not, we need to start planning that run to Berrima that you suggested a while ago.

PS - nice pics !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations John, you are now the proud owner of an official "chick magnet". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Seriously, the car looks great a terrific job.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Looks great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tell us how 'she feels' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (not that we don't already know but having you explain makes us smile right along with you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif kinda like watching your freind get a lap dance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Thanks for the compliments guys. All the work is certainly worth it.

Peter

Thanks for the invite, but I can't make it this weekend. I will keep in touch though.

Tim

It feels awesome. It's pretty easy to drive, but the right hand gear change is still trapping me occasionally. I took off from a standing start in third gear the other day. The car didn't complain at all. It's by far the fastest car I have ever driven and its torque curve is very flat. It also sounds fantastic. All in all, just good clean fun.

Pete

Just for you I was taking pictures of the car a while ago and two dutch girls asked if they could get pictures of themselves with it. So meet Hiske. I guess this proves your point.

Regards All

John

Attachments

Great looking car John. But you said two Dutch girls, what happend to the second one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif