Roaring Forties #24

I finally got a close up picture of the additional latches on the rear clip. Thought someone may be interested. This subject seems to come up from time to time.

Attachments

• 47271-ClipLock.jpg
    47271-ClipLock.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 649
And eventually the body is finished and it can stand on its own 4 feet. The weather wasn't good that day but I needed some pictures to prove to the motor registry I was actually doing something.

Attachments

• 47413-BodyLft2.jpg
    47413-BodyLft2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 605
And with the clips open. I still need to fill the engine bay but everything was ready for the engine.

Attachments

• 48218-BodyOpen.jpg
    48218-BodyOpen.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 600
Then it was finally complete, well more or less. Still a lot of things to do but only minor stuff.

Attachments

• 49072-unpainted_side.jpg
    49072-unpainted_side.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 560
Painting is the only big job left. The main thing its that it is finally registered. For me that was the biggest step of all.

Attachments

• 49073-unpainted_front.jpg
    49073-unpainted_front.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 476
And finally - it's finished - whatever that means.

Attachments

• 55571-44800016.jpg
    55571-44800016.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 462
I should take this opportunity to thank Robert and all the team at Roaring Forties for all the assistance that I got throughout the process.

Also to the members of the forum. Without all this help I probably would never have got to this point.

Regards

John

Attachments

• 55573-54560022.jpg
    55573-54560022.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 455

Peter Delaney

GT40s Supporter
John, congratulations on a superb job - you have accomplished so much in such a short time !

Beautiful colour choice (but then, I wouldn't be at biased about dark blue, now would I ?) !!

I know its very late notice, but a few of us Sydney guys are going to meet up in Centennial Park this Sunday 10/4 at 11am (weather permitting). I am sorry I didn't contact you earlier, but I had no idea that you would be anywhere near finished by now !

I'll PM the details to you - it would be great if you could make it (we reckon on about 5-6 GT's being there, plus friends & enthusiasts). If not, we need to start planning that run to Berrima that you suggested a while ago.

PS - nice pics !

Kind Regards,

Peter D.

Pete McCluskey.

Lifetime Supporter
Congratulations John, you are now the proud owner of an official "chick magnet". /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Seriously, the car looks great a terrific job.

Tim Kay

Lifetime Supporter
Looks great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Tell us how 'she feels' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif (not that we don't already know but having you explain makes us smile right along with you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif kinda like watching your freind get a lap dance /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

Thanks for the compliments guys. All the work is certainly worth it.

Peter

Thanks for the invite, but I can't make it this weekend. I will keep in touch though.

Tim

It feels awesome. It's pretty easy to drive, but the right hand gear change is still trapping me occasionally. I took off from a standing start in third gear the other day. The car didn't complain at all. It's by far the fastest car I have ever driven and its torque curve is very flat. It also sounds fantastic. All in all, just good clean fun.

Pete

Just for you I was taking pictures of the car a while ago and two dutch girls asked if they could get pictures of themselves with it. So meet Hiske. I guess this proves your point.

Regards All

John

Attachments

• 55689-44800013.jpg
    55689-44800013.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 469
Great looking car John. But you said two Dutch girls, what happend to the second one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Back