Rubber Bush- Anti Roll Bar

Neville B

Supporter
Hello
Just trying to install my antiroll bar bushes (quite hard rubber) in the bottom suspension leg
As you can see from the pictures its an extremely tight fit so I am wondering about the best way to install them, best Idea which I havent tried yet is
Fairy liquid, 1 oversize socket below ,a smaller socket above and a bolt through the two with washers then tighten

Any other suggestions please?

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210704_112744.jpg
    20210704_112744.jpg
    444.3 KB · Views: 182
  • 20210704_112714.jpg
    20210704_112714.jpg
    514.5 KB · Views: 180

Howard Jones

Supporter
Bolt (smaller diameter than the hole in the bushing, if 3/8 hole use 1/4 inch bolt) through the bushing and the hole in the arm with a washer on top and bottom. Install a hose clamp around the bottom half and grease it all up. Tighten up the bolt and draw the bottom half out of the hose clamp and through the hole in the a-arm. Applying light tapping force with a hammer on top of the bolt to drive the bush into the hole might help.

Just like a piston ring compressor.

Last edited:

Bill Kearley

Supporter
Did the hose clamp work, that was a lot to compress. You could assemble the strut with the bushing in two parts!!

Neville B

Supporter
Thanks for the replies, I haven't tried the hose clip yet I need to get one the right size, if that doesn't work I'll cut it in half, thanks

Howard Jones

Supporter
A piece of tubing with the correct ID and a washer with the same ID will work also. Use a large socket on the backside to receive the bush as it pulled through. Lots of lube!

Neville B

Supporter
Tried hose clips but cant get that to work you have to do them both so tight its impossible to push the bush through, if I lube then then I cant tighten the clips without the bush popping out

So going to try the bolt method next, then Dr Bob Woods suggestion

Back