Scorpion Roller Rocker Arms

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
While I personally have not used them - they have a pretty good history in the Mustang and Cobra forums.

TonyM

Lifetime Supporter
Sorry, just realized I'd put this in the wrong forum....

Admins, Please move to the correct forum if you want.

Thanks,

Dave Wood

Lifetime Supporter
I know one Cobra owner that had a set and they had a wear issue around the pushrod socket. I'd have to contact the owner to refresh my memory, but he wound up having to replace them with another brand. I do considerable diagnostic work, so I might have his and another combined, but I know it had one of 2 issues and maybe both. The pushrod was wearing the pivot casting and the trunnion was loose. They were new with less than a 1000 miles(I believe). It was making upper end noises and analysis of the parts indicated those issues. Since replacement he hasn't had the problem.

Keith

"Lifetime Warranty" can't be bad.... :)

Unless the warranty specifically precludes placing them on an engine... boomsmile

For example,
I have a Sony Sat Nav, it's very good but before it will operate you have to agree (for safety's sake) not to: "Look at it, Listen to it, or touch it whilst driving..."

Last edited:

Randy V

Moderator-Admin
Staff member
Admin
Lifetime Supporter
Apologies for the thread drift - but reading the fine print in warranties is very important for a number of reasons...

Keith - Take a look at Koni's Lifetime warranty... They're lifetime warranty unless they've been used on a competition vehicle. One reason I'll never use Konis again. I paid $500 for a set of "Lifetime warranty" Adjustable competition struts for my old American Sedan Camaro. They lasted almost 3 weekends before they were not only no longer acting as dampers but one of them was coming apart internally. Koni refused to honor the warranty because they had been used in competition. Yes they still looked like new and there was no damage done in a crash.

Back to the Rocker Arms - One thing you have to be really cognizant of is the pushrod length. If you're running alloy heads - you typically need to purchase custom length pushrods to get the right rocker arm geometry / contact patch. If you don't you will accelerate the wear on your valves / guides and Rocker arms..

Keith

Apologies for the thread drift - but reading the fine print in warranties is very important for a number of reasons...

Keith - Take a look at Koni's Lifetime warranty... They're lifetime warranty unless they've been used on a competition vehicle. ..

Whaaat? I thought that's what Koni's were all about..:eek:

That really is a 'shocker' :)

(Don't shoot me, it's Friday)

Back