Scotts build thread

Here is another one for you. 2017 Volvo Lemans concept.
VolvoLMP1-volvo1.jpg

well that is pretty bad ass.

Main headlight bucket is done, now to start cutting in for the lights.
Used the stretchy fabric method to create the compound curve for the buckets.

Pics of how the brake ducting hooks up.

First coat of poly primer on. Going to be one beady eyed bastard. Hard to see the contours at this point/color/lighting. More when done and on car again. Tested headlights, and finally have 100% beam out of all 4 lights!

soooooo.... Kinda like the original design? *shrug*

If you call completely different shape, different lens, different housings, the same, then sure. The shape of the fender and the location of the tire, only leaves one single spot to put the main beam. Other than that location of the main driving light, it is completely different.

Looks good. You don't hang about, do you!

Most people are going to be seeing the back though. I'm keen to see what you're going to do there.

Scott

I believe you shared with us somewhere the type of foam you use to shape designs and all....can you refresh my memory where was that discussion.

You have obviously made it a science of art however you do it. I have some work coming up so plagiarizing your technique works for me.

Thanks

Hay Scott yes much better, nice job. I see your doing the light covers. I am still debating whether to use mine or not. I like the look of them open. I can certainly see using them to get the most out aero out of a full on racecar.

I think the head light is now out of sort with the shape of the fender.

Fender is pointy and headlight bucket is spoopy round at the front.
The rear is notched and again does not flow with he fender.

The original design you had matched the fender nicely.

To me the two don't match.

You have excellent construction skill BTW.

I think the head light is now out of sort with the shape of the fender.

Fender is pointy and headlight bucket is spoopy round at the front.
The rear is notched and again does not flow with he fender.

The original design you had matched the fender nicely.

To me the two don't match.

You have excellent construction skill BTW.

I agree. Having the headlights inline with an led strip on one side that followed the line of the fender looked a lot better than this design. But that's just me. Fine craftsmanship!

I disagree. In any art work (and I think we can call Scott's work art) the beauty is in the tasteful mix of forms. I think he got it right.

Howard Jones

Supporter
Will this nose be able to use the same lights that otherwise be used on the OEM nose? Very nice alternative to the original piece. I especially like the radiator exhaust outlet treatment.

Good work. I was wondering how you find the time? After all don't you young guys spend all your time partying? Scott has a great group of friends..................and a great house for a party!!!!!

Back