Scotts build thread

Diffuser went pretty quickly. Still need to make fins and mounts though.
Total length will be 3'. The first 18" it will curve 2" up, the last 18" it will curve from 2", to 9". I just made notches around lower crossbar bolts, and Diffuser will mount directly to that bar. Then it will have 2" of drop to the trans/engine crossmember. That piece will be alum.

Got fins built. Fins are made from resin soaked cardboard, with 2 20oz layers on each side laminated, then finished. Epoxied them in. Strong as hell, yet relatively thick and light.

Earl Mitchell

Supporter
Scott love your build has been very inspireing to me.Ive also read about the kumhos with great reviews only negative ive read so far is that they have a very stiff sidewall to handle the 2000 pound aero load,do you think this may be a problem with trying to stretch them even though its only a small amount? I'm interested to know what back spaceing you ordered and will they effect scrub radius,steering angle,suspension travel?All this assuming you moved them inboard.I know its a little early but do you think any body mods will be required, I'm not nearly as good with fiberglass as you (who is ?)but would love to use the same combo as you.I haven't ordered my car yet but tried to on Friday but no one answered the phone on Friday so hopefully on Monday I can talk with Fran and get this thing moving.

Scott love your build has been very inspireing to me.Ive also read about the kumhos with great reviews only negative ive read so far is that they have a very stiff sidewall to handle the 2000 pound aero load,do you think this may be a problem with trying to stretch them even though its only a small amount? I'm interested to know what back spaceing you ordered and will they effect scrub radius,steering angle,suspension travel?All this assuming you moved them inboard.I know its a little early but do you think any body mods will be required, I'm not nearly as good with fiberglass as you (who is ?)but would love to use the same combo as you.I haven't ordered my car yet but tried to on Friday but no one answered the phone on Friday so hopefully on Monday I can talk with Fran and get this thing moving.

Will have to find out how hard they will be to mount when the time comes. Usually a strap around the center of the tread and tightening it will puff the beads out to seat easily. Seems they are out of the correct forgings on my wheels to get the exact sizes and widths I want. May be having to get them 1/2" narrower in 19x11.5 and 19x13.5.
BS was 9 1/8" front, and 10" rear. That is cutting it very close though. Since I have a very early car, not sure a later car could use the same measurements. Scrub radius would bairily change since I am splitting the difference and not just adding to the outter lip only. Front tires are only a slight touch taller, so not expecting much different than the 295/30/18 currently. The rear is about 1.75" taller though, so yes, body work needed to fit rears. Will find out how much once I have actual wheels and bolt on.

Scott, not to be redundant, but that diffuser is really a fine, professional piece of work....great proportioning and detail. Congratulations again!

By the way...I have a great booth in my shop that you are welcome to use anytime at all. You just have to move to Ohio....no biggie.

Lol. Thats quite a commitment for a paint job. Thanks for the offer.
My Camaro is stored at a shop community type thing where they rent out spaces for people to work on their cars. They have a paint booth also. So that is where I do alot of the finish painting. Primer, do that in the yard. Haha.

A few pics. Think I am getting it pretty close with this one. Still not sure exactly how wing will mount, but that looks close to final position. Still working on different air intakes.

And some titanium lug nuts! Lol

I got those lug nuts too from a guy in Tucson, he lightened up his ZO6 over 200 lbs with Titanium bolts, nuts and parts. The lugs are cool, pricey but cool.

I got those lug nuts too from a guy in Tucson, he lightened up his ZO6 over 200 lbs with Titanium bolts, nuts and parts. The lugs are cool, pricey but cool.

Yup, that is where I got them, from a guy in Arizona. Pretty good price on them really. They came in at like 16 grams each.

Spoke with Doug yesterday. Will be making a few calls today to see if I can help him out.

Yup, that is where I got them, from a guy in Arizona. Pretty good price on them really. They came in at like 16 grams each.

Spoke with Doug yesterday. Will be making a few calls today to see if I can help him out.

Scott, thanks, I think you can do what he wants without a problem, nothing as radical as you have done on your own car.

Back