Seat belt/shoulder harness?

Bought the RJS harness Fran recommended. Fits really well :)

If you've never wrapped around a roll cage before, this video was quite helpful seeing how to do it properly:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGcN-JAMw3c]SCHROTH Training #1 How to Wrap Your Harnesses Correctly - YouTube[/ame]

But how are you guys securing the lap belt to the chassis? Are you just bolting them right to the floor, or are you installing the eyehook into the floor and bolting the belt to the eyehook? The directions say to have the mount installed vertically, so the latter would be correct, but would mean having the nut and threads of teh eyehook hanging well beneath the chassis floor (which is already dropped).

Yes through the floor using an eye bolt ...
trim off the extra thread of the bolt and make sure to use the correct large flat load spreading washer...normally supplied as part of the installation kit.

All done and installed now; all I have do is powdercoat the slotted pieces the wrap around shoulder harness wraps through so they match the roll cage.

Did you buy camloc style belts?

Yep, I got the quick release one. Twisty twisty and I'm free, nice and simple....thanks for the part number (it's a miracle if I only buy something once and get it right the first time) :D

Should work for ok dot. Safer. You might want the 3" though? Less binding? $9 more

I wish I went with black. I got yellow. Duh. i have to hose off brake / tire dust after track days..

Summit
RJS Camlock Quick-Release Harnesses 2981923CWA

Everything I have read and researched is to go with the 2" stuff. Particularly for any reclining setup. The 2" will work better with a Hans setup. they say that the 2" stuff is better for antisubmarining from a front end crash(think about what happens when you get thrown into the front, on a crash!!). Read the schroth literature. I have 3" on my shoulder setup and I can tell you, you will get chaffed around the neck.

Bill

Back