Sexiest Canam Ever?

How about this one: Alfa tipo 33 can am spyder. Only a 4.0L engine but man, pretty sexy......

Attachments

• 71_Alfa_Tipo-33-4_CanAm_Spyder_DV-07_AI_01.jpg
    71_Alfa_Tipo-33-4_CanAm_Spyder_DV-07_AI_01.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 413
The McLaren M20. the best TRUE Can-Am car ever built.I know you will all say (but it couldn't beat the 917/10) but it was the best handling car and was streets ahead in so many other ways as well, had they had the extra 200hp the 917/10 had, Porche would not have had a look in, and the proof is when they ftted the 565ci motor in Dennys car for qualifying, He took the pole From Mark by 100th of a second and that motor was still down 100hp on the Porche. That only My opinion.
Cheers Leon. PS and of course being a Kiwi has no bias toward McLaren YEAH RIGHT.

Also, Fittingly McLaren won the Last Original Can-Am race in 1974 with a Private M20 in the hands of Scooter Patrick after the DN4 Shadow's Had beat eachother up. Can anybody tell me Is this Danica Patricks Dad or is the name thing just that, Name only???
Cheers Leon

Hi Leon, sorry I can't answer your question.

I just like the pics in post #19 , copied here.

Ferrari_350_P4_Amon (2).jpg

I am also thinking about a certain member ( an Aussie ) whose wish it is to build a PEE FOUR. A tremendous amount of time is saved if the car is built without a roof , like in the pics.

Any thoughts Jim C.??

Z.C.

Howard Jones

Supporter
I have wondered at times, what if Lola had more money? Many times it seams they have come up with what looks like a very innovative design only to be beaten by others with more development money.

Here's a example and a pretty good story of that one season with Jacky Stewart in the CANAM.

Article: Lola T260

Attachments

• Photo5.jpg
    Photo5.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 287
Great Article, I think any success the 260 had was more down to Jackie Stewart than the car. I think the coolest Lola was Bob Bonderants with its side mounted air intakes and another car I love is the DN2/3 Shadows, Hell I love all 60s/70s sports racing cars.

Cheers Leon
images

Last edited:

Howard Jones

Supporter
Check this out. 800HP go cart

Attachments

• 14nh7ns.jpg
    14nh7ns.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 226
  • 9558.jpg
    9558.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 129462ShadowAVSMkIChevrolet7.jpg
    129462ShadowAVSMkIChevrolet7.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 227
  • Shadow-AVS-MkI-Chevrolet_3.jpg
    Shadow-AVS-MkI-Chevrolet_3.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 225
  • 7867541.jpg
    7867541.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 235
AH Yes, the tiny tyre Shadow the car nobody would drive (more than once) I have the "Can-Am Thunder" CD and in it there are interviews with Folmer and Vic Elford who both drove that car and they both only drove it once, I can't remember who drove it second (I think Folmer) anyway he only drove it in practice and after that suggested they might like to find some other brave soul. Can-Am certainly bought out the interesting design ideas, not all of them good.

Cheers Leon.

Just imagine how loose the rules were for them to add +_ 3 foot extension onto the front of a car. Pic from post #27.

3 foot extension 10.jpg

Oh , yes those drivers of that go-kart, man they had huge -- shall I say FORTITUDE.

Z.C.

Back