SL-C chassis #53...it's official

Roberto,
Been thinking about your drive since we talked Friday. MAN that must have been stress city, pleased you made it without needing to go back and get another SLC because the one you were towing ended up in a ditch somewhere.

You guys are wild men! (probably NOT by choice)

It was hairy there a few times. Let me know when you are coming out this way, and we can all meet up.

Its always an experience coming to Detroit...especially in Wintertime...
.....Sunday morning 50 deg...Sunday evening a foot of snow...aahh.... the Midwest...

Glad you guys made it home safe and sound...

Thanks Fran. The things we do for our cars.

Have fun with the 12-14mth wait .... the wait is killing me now, lol :laugh:

Been there, done that... I plan/start my engines with Erik well before I need them now. ;) It's worth waiting for the best, you just have to plan for it.

i'm loving these sl-c's...you are a lucky man.

Thank you, these are great times in the kit car world.

I had to take a second look. I thought those pics of the black SL C were taken from my camera. I drove down from canada on saturday in a dodge viper in beautiful weather. signed the deal with fran and took lots of pictures of the SL C ready for delivery. now I'm counting the days till I take pictures of my SL C being loaded on a trailer.

We had all originally planned to go up on Friday, but work got in the way... If I would have known the weather we were going to hit, I would have forced the issue or planned for another weekend. All is well though and I'm glad it worked out.

Congrats on the successful pickup of your new money-pit.

I too got rid of my RX-7 and picked up one of these cars instead. Got tired of the limitations production cars imposed as I new the RX would never be the car I wanted it to be. I also considered the GTM but then saw the light and decided on the SL-C for many of the same reasons you have stated.

Btw, those rims look great and look forward to seeing any progress you may share.

Thanks Dave...Money pit is the correct term. I have to focus and stick to my budget.

Speaking of sharing progress: are you going to do a build thread?

Been there, done that... I plan/start my engines with Erik well before I need them now. ;) It's worth waiting for the best, you just have to plan for it.

I left my deposit Jan 2010, lol!!!! :/

Do you plan on going carb'd? C'mon, say yessssssssssss :drunk:

Congratulations on the new SLC project.
I too thought about the FFR GTM but there is something special about a monocue chasis.:thumbsup:
Fran and his team produce a top notch product for those with the desire.

Mark

I left my deposit Jan 2010, lol!!!! :/

Do you plan on going carb'd? C'mon, say yessssssssssss :drunk:

Are you seriously going carb? I thought it was a running joke with you and Fran.
I think you might change your mind before all is said and done. :)

Your engine is more exotic than mine so the parts take longer to get, and everything is a first time deal.

Congratulations on the new SLC project.
I too thought about the FFR GTM but there is something special about a monocue chasis.:thumbsup:
Fran and his team produce a top notch product for those with the desire.

Mark

Thanks again Mark. I had a GTM being built for me for about 6 mos, but no matter what, I kept wanting the SLC. Happy to own one now.

Are you seriously going carb? I thought it was a running joke with you and Fran.
I think you might change your mind before all is said and done. :)

Nope, I'm going carb'd

I'm a dinosaur who refuses to surrender :D

Through on a single barrel SV1 and go vr000000000000000m!
prs-sv1-gas105_3501.JPG

I don't know Alex form follows function and I don't beleive that carb is going to be what you want for a street driven car. I could be wrong but why would you even think of taking a carb designed for a quarter mile drag car and expect to get good results in a car deisgned to cruise highways and be well mannered light to light.....then again I would have gone FI just to ensure it always starts predictably and can be driven and enjoyed....go figure.

It's fine for circle track and road racing so it'll be okay street driving - after reading the reviews on it it seems all positive - no loading up, instant crisp throttle response like a 4150, dominator style air flow (so I don't loose any hp on the dyno). Plus it's 1/2'' shorter than a 4150.

No point with me going EFI - a FAST style intake will kill the power my engine is trying to make, so I'd need a 4150-style manifold with one of those EFI snorkles on it. At that point I may as well use a carb.

Other choice is to use ITBs, but forget that for tuning, especially since there's nobody locally who's ever touched one.

I'm kind of curious what you're going to end up (tentatively) using on yours Roberto, especially if it's anything liek the engine you put in your 'vette. Another pain-in-the-butt-to-tune ITB, or a 4150-efi style manifold?

Here ya go Rob - a proper EFI setup for something like a built HKE engine - I'm sure this will fit under the hood :D (edit: I know this one's from VS, but the manifold would sure flow better than a FAST or Harrop)

8-29-10001.jpg

Back