SL-C Coupe Slalom / Skidpad / Braking Performance

Hi all, my first post!

Did some searches and couldn't find figures.

I realize that the car is customized differently, but I was hoping there might be some base figures off the test mule for skidpad, slalom and braking performance. As long as we know what motor, tires and curb weight where you can do plenty of bench racing with where a build will likely end up.

If this available somewhere, please accept my apologies for doing the typical n00b move.

Welcome to the forum Kevin. Although I am unaware of any formal skidpad testing, all drivers of track prepared cars and the street cars that are sometimes tracked report amazing cornering capabilities and transitions. Braking is superb too! Perhaps Fran can chime in.

I have *NO* doubt that the cars excel in handling and braking. Was just curious if someone has put numbers to them. It would be really fun to know that the car will exceed most supercars costing 4x as much by .xx g on the skid. Also, it would be very helpful in choosing powerplant, as weight of the lump certainly will affect handling and braking capabilities.

Though I would be interested in those figures as well, however sometimes they can be made to look better than they are. Skidpad has a lot to do with tires. There was an issue of sport compact car that got a 240sx to pull 1g on the skidpad. Though they resorted to Falken Azenis Sport tires, which are barely legal, and barely streetable tires.

The GTM that appeared in Car and Driver had some pretty impressive stats. They used Toyo RA1 tires, which would help the skidpad, and give good launch for 0-60 times, but then again RA1's are DOT tires, that have a wear rating of 100 or so. Car and Driver got a stock Honda Civic to pull .92 with just RA1's as a basis of comparison.

0-60 in 3 seconds flat (IIRC)
1.05 on the skidpad

It would be interesting to see the SLC put through it's paces with a professional driver behind the wheel, and get some accurate stats, but even more than that I would love to see a head to head comparison with the SLC versus some top contenders such as the 458, MP4-12C, ZR1, and Saleen. Of course again, the SLC would be on street tires. If no one does it by spring of next year I should have mine built and I'll offer it up for a head to head (telemetry, video and stats)

Would like to have:

Lap times (w/ telemetry)
Lane Change Speed
Acceleration
Slalom
Braking
Skidpad

Last edited:
Though I would be interested in those figures as well, however sometimes they can be made to look better than they are. Skidpad has a lot to do with tires. There was an issue of sport compact car that got a 240sx to pull 1g on the skidpad. Though they resorted to Falken Azenis Sport tires, which are barely legal, and barely streetable tires.

The GTM that appeared in Car and Driver had some pretty impressive stats. They used Toyo RA1 tires, which would help the skidpad, and give good launch for 0-60 times, but then again RA1's are DOT tires, that have a wear rating of 100 or so. Car and Driver got a stock Honda Civic to pull .92 with just RA1's as a basis of comparison.

0-60 in 3 seconds flat (IIRC)
1.05 on the skidpad

It would be interesting to see the SLC put through it's paces with a professional driver behind the wheel, and get some accurate stats, but even more than that I would love to see a head to head comparison with the SLC versus some top contenders such as the 458, MP4-12C, ZR1, and Saleen. Of course again, the SLC would be on street tires. If no one does it by spring of next year I should have mine built and I'll offer it up for a head to head (telemetry, video and stats)

Would like to have:

Lap times (w/ telemetry)
Lane Change Speed
Acceleration
Slalom
Braking
Skidpad

Excellent post!

Was hoping the manufacturer would have some as a guide, as I'm sure they ran telemetry on the test mules. :thumbsup:

Back