SLC at VIR 13 hour Oct 29th

Here's a link to the live timing of the race. The green SLC is number 01, currently with Ryan driving. I haven't followed the whole race to now, but although they are down in 22nd placem it looks like the 01 car has fastest lap at 2:07.578.
Live Timing - Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13 Hour

Oh-oh! As I was writing this the race went to yellow and I no longer see the 01 car listed on the timing list. I hate not being able to get any descriptive feed about what is going on!

Update: The timing list now shows Ryan at 22nd place - up from 30th during the yellow and he is now on the same lap as the leader. The lead car is running 2:13.758 and Ryan is running 2:06.364.
Way to go, Ryan!!!

and back down to 24th, but still running and beginning to move back up (now 21st). This is really frustrating to not know what is happening except from the lap times and position feed.

Malcolm

Supporter
Drop in position is probably a pit stop. Cars are running close on laps so lose a couple of laps for a pit stop and you drop places. But regain when the others pit stop.

Worried for Ron though.....

Sorry, I can't get the live timing or updates...

How is Ron Earp doing???

Thanks for the updates!!! Very much appreciated!!!!

Sorry, I can't get the live timing or updates...

How is Ron Earp doing???

Thanks for the updates!!! Very much appreciated!!!!

just 'snapped'..

Frans SLC is running 7th
Not sure what's happened re Ron's T70 - listed in pit? at lap9

Attachments

• Live Timing - Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13 Hour 01.jpg
    Live Timing - Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13 Hour 01.jpg
    419.4 KB · Views: 208
  • Live Timing - Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13 Hour 01b.jpg
    Live Timing - Charge of the Headlight Brigade 13 Hour 01b.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 168

Ron Earp

Admin
The SLC is doing great.

It started dead last today in the nasty weather and quickly moved up the field. However, it is having some fuel pickup issues that seems to limit running to about one hour.

They also cracked an oil cooler, but a friend of mine had a union that allowed them to bypass the oil cooler. I hope it'll hold together well. Fortunately this happened about the time a bad accident in turn ten black flagged the race and the team was able to bring the car behind pit wall for repairs.

The SLC is very fast, well driven, and makes a hell of a race car. When I left around 1pm the 01 car was moving up through the field. It clearly has the fast caddy and Bimmerworld cars out performed, even with the pro drivers those teams have.

I hope she'll go the distance and take the overall win! I wish I was there to see it, and even better we were there to maybe finish second to them. I believe we could have pulled it off for a one-two RCR finish.

Hard cheese Ron, you had a good go at it though! Would have loved to see an RCR 1-2 finish. Bet Fran would too. The SL-C is at least 10 seconds a lap faster than the lead car. If it holds together the 01 car should easily take it with the time left.

I just got an update from TEAM SLC.

Having fuel pick up issues. Making fuel stops every 30 mins. Lost all the laps fixing oil cooler

Down 4 laps but catching the leader by 15 secs/lap. Super Fast all day.

Ron Earp

Admin
Does anyone know what the other ITE cars are? Other then the CTS-V.

Now only 2 laps down with 5 hrs to go.

Bimmerworld has two ex-World Challenge cars there, James Clay and crew, professional team. There are other older ex-Bimmerworld ex-World Challenge cars in ITE too run by privateers. Let's see, what else....some smaller souped up four bangers like a Mini (retired, was fast though), S2000, and another car I can't recall. The Mini would pull us like 15 car lengths Jeff reports but it wasn't running when I left around 1pm.

The BMWs are the biggest threat besides the Caddy. The Bimmerworld cars can typically go 2-3 hours without fueling and that is a big deal in an endurance race. The SLC should be able to win but fueling every 30 mins then they must keep the fuel stop down to the min two mins and they best not spill fuel and suffer the penalties which are quite harsh.

Looks like she's in fourth place now!

Although the SLC is running 15-18 sec quicker laps the fuel stops are killing them. The driver must be out of car when fueling, that's a lap every 30mins. Either the fuel blocks are getting sucked against pick up, the LP pump is failing or filter clogged. It must be killing them to get passed by a miata when the engine sputters. No one is giving up.

Thanks, Wayne. I didn't know they were only getting 30 minutes of fuel. That explains a lot of the timing changes that I have been seeing on the timing and position feeds. Currently they are in 5th (had been up to 4th before another 5 minute lap which must be the fuel stops) and curently 1:12 behind 4th place and closing fast again. Currently running at 2:07.153 against the leader's 2:16.889. The car has run the races' fastest lap at an astonishing 2:00.832!!
For those that can't get the feed - they have run 9 hrs 22 minutes on a 13 hour race.

I just checked the VIR course record data. The ITE class record as of April 2011 was 2:04.581. The green 01 SLC has run a 2:00.832 during today's race!

Back