SLC Build Thread-Chassis #53

Ricardo:

'Would r-e-a-l-l-y like to see some pics of your SLC outside in the sunlight!!! 'Looks killer right where it sits!

Do you have a few?

I'll second that....I love the color!
Jim

Thanks guys. It's a little tough to get it out in the daylight with the super cold temps and tons of snow still on the ground. I'll take some pics when the weather gets a little better. Here is a pic from it's maiden voyage above 30mph. It was pretty dusty in this pic:

I'll third it, absolutely stunning color and amazing looking car. My top two picks for color... candy tangerine or candy brandywine. :shocked:

Thanks guys. It's a little tough to get it out in the daylight with the super cold temps and tons of snow still on the ground. I'll take some pics when the weather gets a little better. Here is a pic from it's maiden voyage above 30mph. It was pretty dusty in this pic:

To re-state the obvious... Absolutely unbelievable! "Stunning" really doesn't do it justice. I don't think you could have chosen a more perfect color. I really like the black accents. The wheels look awesome against the paint. It looks fantastic outside.

Congrats my friend.

Mike

Ricardo, did you end up using those CF airboxes? I was wondering if they would even fit back there with the uprights over the motor.

Progressing:

Added weatherstripping to the doors It really finishes off the edges and is a major step to make the car weather tight. I don't want any air leaks while I'm driving the car. Bluetooth phone calls is the main goal.

Built a seat bracket to accommodate mounting the sub belts per Schroth instructions.

Ricardo, Do you have a profile picture and thickness for that weatherstripping? Thanks, Al

Ricardo, did you end up using those CF airboxes? I was wondering if they would even fit back there with the uprights over the motor.

The CF air boxes don't fit. They hit the roll bar uprights. They would fit if the bars made a straighter run from the suspension like the 01 car, but not where the production kit situates them. I'm using BBRfilters instead.

Ricardo, Do you have a profile picture and thickness for that weatherstripping? Thanks, Al

Al, I don't unfortunately, but Will may.

Ricardo

Awesome build. Can you please post up a recent photo of how the engine looks now with the BBR filters in place. it would be great to see a pic with the rear open and also with rear closed showing the view through the engine cover. I love the idea of ITB and love to see the final outcome of your work of art.
cheers
Stuart

Ricardo

Awesome build. Can you please post up a recent photo of how the engine looks now with the BBR filters in place. it would be great to see a pic with the rear open and also with rear closed showing the view through the engine cover. I love the idea of ITB and love to see the final outcome of your work of art.
cheers
Stuart

Hey Stu, my SLC is at the interior shop so I won't be able to take any pics with the hatch closed for a while.

I found this on in my library of pics with it open:

Thanks for that Ricardo!
Looks good!

Any reason you didn’t go the individual filters for each trumpet?

Also, is the air coming through the roof turret the only air directed at the intakes?

I see you also changed the coil pack remote location from the earlier positions, gather you needed to free up some room. When the hatch is closed and you look through the clear cover are the coil packs hidden from sight?

cheers
Stuart

Ricardo, did you end up putting in a floor for the engine bay? If I'm not mistaken, I think you mentioned that earlier in your build. If so, I was curious how it has affected heat in the engine bay, especially in light of your ITB setup.

You too, huh?

Mike

Yes, sir. Taking longer than originally expected as well...lol

Ricardo, did you end up putting in a floor for the engine bay? If I'm not mistaken, I think you mentioned that earlier in your build. If so, I was curious how it has affected heat in the engine bay, especially in light of your ITB setup.

I have a partial floor. It hasn't affected the heat in any obvious way.

Beautiful car!

Thanks Luke!

Wow, I haven't updated this thread in forever.

Long story short is my SLC has been in the interior/audio shop all Spring and Summer. The shop is doing a phenomenal job on the interior. I have progress pics but I want to wait to post them till it's finished.

Materials are genuine Alcantara, leather, and Porsche carpeting. Analog gauges and hidden stereo/hvac switching.

Here it is at the shop:

Teaser of the seat:

Tilletts's!? -- the man with the most seats wins...

R, just busting on you.

Your interior build sounds awesome - looking forward to the pics.

Hey Ricardo, are you running HRE wheels? And what size are they, rim and tires?
Car is really quite stunning!

Tilletts's!? -- the man with the most seats wins...

R, just busting on you.

Your interior build sounds awesome - looking forward to the pics.

Thanks for rubbing salt in the wound. Seats are one of the reasons I stopped keeping track of build costs!! I think my accountant would shoot me on the spot.

Hey Ricardo, are you running HRE wheels? And what size are they, rim and tires?
Car is really quite stunning!

Thanks- those are HRE C20s. They are 19"s. I swapped the wheels and tires with my Z06.

Back